Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: Control Valve part needed!

Hey Guys;
    I finally got around to rebuilding the CV in my Bendix power steering for my 61 Hawk, in the car. Problem is as I was putting the thing together the little metal ring that backs the outside spindle seal popped out and rolled away. I have not been able to find said ring, either in my garage or on any of the Bendix parts sights.
    I have tried the official Bendix site and Stranges site, do any of you have any other sites to try. I am still looking but do not hold out much hope. Much appreciated.
    Don Watson
    61 Hawk

Try Lares INC.{spelling?] They are in Cambridge MN. They do the rebuilds for most of the venders selling rebuilt units. If they dont have the part you need I'am sure they know where to get it. They are only about 15 miles from me. I know they have a web site.

Comment

Check with Robert Kapteyn , he has a bit of everything! Inventories from 29 Studebaker dealerships.
      Last edited by tim333; 01-20-2015, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the leads, unfortunately no luck. Parts are very hard to come by and I am just going to have a part made at a local machine shop.
        Don Watson
        61 Hawk

Comment

Get a strong magnet and drag it around. I've found more stuff that simply was not visible. Mostly nails and screws and ???, but sometimes I find what I am looking for.
          Ron Dame
          '63 Champ

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Dame View Post
            Get a strong magnet and drag it around. I've found more stuff that simply was not visible. Mostly nails and screws and ???, but sometimes I find what I am looking for.
            I agree, and if you buy one of those long tool holder magnets you can sweep quite an area in a short time. You may have to clean all the grit off a few times while sweeping with the magnet. When I lost my keys in the yard this is how I found them, but it picked up magnetic dirt and junk also.

Comment

Does anyone have a part number?
              I have not gone to my shop because of the cold and do not have my parts books here.
              I have over 20.000 small parts like this inventoried on my computer.
              Robert Kapteyn

Comment

It is called a bushing. P/N 1545311
                Last edited by Alan; 01-15-2015, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  It is called a bushing. P/N 1545311
                  Sorry but that part number did not show.
                  Thanks for trying
                  Bob

Comment

I found a local machine shop owner that was sympathetic to my problem, especially when he hear that it was for a Studebaker and said he would make me one for ten bucks. I was expecting a lot more. I will also try the magnet thing. Thanks
                    Don Watson
                    61 Hawk

Comment

Don't forget to look in all the hidden places, like if it bounced up and got caught in the folded lip of a metal shelf, etc. I looked for a small part for several hours, and found it in my pants cuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X