1950 Studebaker vs Tucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Studebaker vs Tucker

I thought everyone knew the 1950 bullet nose Studebaker, but was surprised last September while driving my Champion in souther Minnesota. Twice I was asked if my car was a Tucker. Seems strange since only 48 Tuckers were made, but more than a third of a million 1950 Studebakers were made.Click image for larger version

Name:	StudeChamp3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1746120

I have not yet run into that one, but the mistake may be due to the amount of attention the Tucker has received in the past few decades. Especially with the movie.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Hey at-least tuckers and bullet noses look kinda similar in appearance. I was once asked if my 59 Hawk was a lincoln Mark 4... I dont see the resemblance..

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
        I have not yet run into that one, but the mistake may be due to the amount of attention the Tucker has received in the past few decades. Especially with the movie.
        Yep...I agree...due to movie exposure...lots of incorrect associations and assumptions result. Seems like after the Pixar animated movie, hacked up, cobbled together, Hudsons suddenly became the darlings of AACA events. Walking away with trophies at the expense of much better restored makes. Proving that popularity and perception will always trump originality, accuracy, and detail.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Think my $mart A$$ Comment would have been Nope it's a Studebaker, it's worth $300K and I'll take $50K for it right now!......

Sick aint I

Comment

When I drove to the Studebaker Museum in September, I arrived an hour early, so I was waxing my chrome. An older guy came by on his bicycle and asked how much my car would be worth. I said about $12,000, and he said "oh no, it's worth $100,000 because they don't make them anymore." He said I should be able to get $70,000 any day of the week.Click image for larger version

Name:	SM4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	1695065

Comment

So, TWChamp, did you offer to sell it to him?
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I don't ever plan to sell my Stude, but a $70,000 offer would make me think twice...
                sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
                Regal Deluxe Trim
                Automatic transmission
                46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

Last time I checked the average price of a Tucker is 1.2 million dollars. Tell your next "Tucker admirer" it could be his for half that.

Comment

I know restorations are expensive, but the long time owners did not due their due diligence and really got the short end of the deal here.

@4spdBernie 1948 Tucker Automobile Number 10. Hidden away in a damp, musty old garage in Auburn, WA, unfairly sentenced to nearly 60 years of deplorable sol...

Comment

Working...
                    X