Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best use of a sedan

Sorry purists.
    I don't normally like customs but IMHO this is the best use of a '53 sedan I have ever seen.
    I know nothing of the car, just a pic I found on the interweb.

Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

That is really sharp.
    1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Before I head off to see my mother at the nursing home, I thought I would take a quick look at what you guys are doing on the forum. I saw this thread title and clicked it. i just had to comment. Not only is it good eye candy, but from what we know about the '53 frames...the real accomplishment on this ride is "unseen."
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
        Before I head off to see my mother at the nursing home, I thought I would take a quick look at what you guys are doing on the forum. I saw this thread title and clicked it. i just had to comment. Not only is it good eye candy, but from what we know about the '53 frames...the real accomplishment on this ride is "unseen."
        Yeah, I hope he did a lot of reinforcing on the frame and body.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Jerry, that is very cool, or Kool if you like! I'd love to cruise around in it. If that is best use of a '53 sedan, then I will submit this one for best use of a '54 Sedan :-)

Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

this car has been discussed on this forum a few years back and IIRC has a lift-off white carson-style top as well...thumbs up! cheers, junior
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I will have to agree with both of you on the use of these cars. I likum. Kina makes me hate I scrapped my 53 sedan. (like I had any time or money to do anything like this. LOL)

Comment

Yep, seen here before: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...t=carson+sedan

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                  Yeah, I hope he did a lot of reinforcing on the frame and body.
                  Rear door alignment might suggest that they skimped a little in the reinforcement department.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                    Rear door alignment might suggest that they skimped a little in the reinforcement department.
                    Well, remember they started with a '53 Studebaker! And that top body line is a new creation.
                    KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I think it would take someone akin to Chip Foose, to come up with this well done design!
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I would love to see a formal, long wheelbase sedan version, Think dual cowls, jump seats, etc. Similar to the Chrysler Parade cars in the Fifties! Maybe a 1956 President Classic, Black with wire wheels!<G>

Comment

Why... NOT!!!

(but, a shame the top of the rear door doesn't fit better)
                          Last edited by Xcalibur; 01-12-2015, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Ok, here is another thought on the Best Use of a Sedan:

Talk about something DIFFERENT! A one of a kind '53 Commander Sedan, Coupe.
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I looked at that yesterday, and then I looked again, and one more time. Still can't put it in words on an opinion. Course I know no one want's my opinion anyway. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X