1958 k body leaf springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 k body leaf springs

does anyone know what other model year or years leaf spring would fit a 58 k body hawk? and does any one have a lead as to where one could get a set ? have been told by several stude owners that 58's are unique to that year only any information is appreciated..

Have you looked around to see if there are any spring shops in your area? A good spring shop might be able to duplicate what you have.
    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

They are not peculiar to '58, they would be very similar and interchangeable with '59 to '64 Hawks both Std. and H.D.

The OEM supplier Eaton Detroit Spring has New ones.

The leading manufacturer of leaf and coil springs for the street rod and restoration automotive industries

Also the Studebaker Vendors at: http://studebakervendors.com
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yep, 58 was the first year for the assymetrical rear leafs.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          They are not peculiar to '58, they would be very similar and interchangeable with '59 to '64 Hawks both Std. and H.D.

The OEM supplier Eaton Detroit Spring has New ones.

The leading manufacturer of leaf and coil springs for the street rod and restoration automotive industries

Also the Studebaker Vendors at: http://studebakervendors.com
          thank you one and all ..information is greatly appreciated

Comment

You aren't far from the Twin Cities, and there is a spring shop on Spring St. next to the rail yards in the north side of MPLS. It's about 10 miles from me. It's just a few feet west of the long blue building, where the large steam locomotive is stored. (the 216)

Comment

thanks for the lead..would you happen to know the name of the shop ? I would like to contact them ..thanks again really appreciate your help...

Comment

I don't know the name of the outfit, but I just did a google search and came up with this. You could ask them if the long blue building with the steam locomotive in it is just to the east of them. I'm pretty sure this is it though, as the name Minnesota Spring sure rings a bell.

Comment

thanks very much...I also did a search and came up with 2 shops in that area...will be contacting both of them ..againI really appreciate your help on this..Hope to maybe meet and greet you someday...thanks again todd

Comment

Todd, I'm also in need of rear springs for my 1950 Champion. The ones on the car were very rusty, and with all the NOS parts put on the car 20 years ago during the frame off restoration, I have no idea why he didn't find better springs. I did buy a much better pair from a junk yard in Wisconsin, but the coverings aren't as nice as I'd like. I've never found NOS spring covers for them either.

Comment

Working...
                    X