50 's in pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 's in pictures

OK guys. See how many Studebakers you can find. (I got at least three).

Well, I found 5 Studebakers. I also found a shot of Annette Funicello getting out of her '55 Thunderbird. I ran across that car a few months after this shot was taken at the Disney Studios. It had been painted purple and the interior was done the same color with long shag carpet. The windows were down as it was a warm day. I stuck my head in the passenger side to get a look and suddenly I heard a female voice ask "Do you like it?". I looked up and saw Annette looking in the driver's window at me. I nearly knocked myself out on the roof of the car. I won't forget that one.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Ed; It was a 57 that Annette had. I worked on it and drove it to her house. It was white then in 60 or 61. Her father had a Texico gas station on Ventura Blvd. in Studio City. Her brother Joe Jr. drove it down to the station to get the oil changed. And I will have to admit that paint job by Watson was hideous.

Comment

Alan,
        Small world. I used to work at Pat Galotti's Union 76 Station on Ventura Blvd in North Hollywood where the stars went for gas. I worked there between acting jobs. I happened to be working on a Disney film (Follow Me Boys) when I ran into Annette. I think she really liked that paint job. It was a bit over the top. But she sure looked good in it.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

The picture of Jerry Lewis wearing the striped shirt must have been taken when he was on American Bandstand. If not, it must have been a favorite shirt because I saw him on American Bandstand, and he was wearing that shirt. That would have been 1957.

Comment

That..1957 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Hardtop Coupe...is a cracker!...

Comment

Sure like the Nelson brothers and there little hot rod, you know David and his younger brother Ricky.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

To me the 50's were the greatest years for cars, when you saw one driving down the street you had no doubt what kind of car it was. The 60s are famous because of the Muscle cars.
                101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

It's amazing how many Studes were not in the photos! What was their market share in the fifties?

Comment

Working...
                  X