Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Top mounted shifter question

Just tossing ideas around..
    My T-86OD is going to a floor mounted shifter (Keeping the colum shifter and parts in a box for future) I understand the T-90 is a close cousin to the T-86 Right? Would the top mounted shifter the Jeep guys use also work on the T-86? Something I might consider... I installed a Hurst Syncro-Lock on a T-85 in my truck using the templet Jack Vines kindly sent to me, works awesome..
    Happy New Year everyone..

Dave

Your Car/truck your choice, but I would never want to deal with an old Truck design "through neutral" type top shifter. You would have to modify the reverse lockout in the Overdrive to allow reverse to work.

You already know how well the Hurst side shifter works, do you really want to go DOWN from there?

Yes the '37 Dictator Top shifter will work fine on your T-86, IF you really want it to.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I don't know for sure what you are putting this in but in this day and age I'd suggest a T-5 of some sort (with OD, btw) and forget about all the old 85/86 etc. stuff. I know you didn't ask, but... Happy New Year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Xcalibur View Post
        I don't know for sure what you are putting this in but in this day and age I'd suggest a T-5 of some sort (with OD, btw) and forget about all the old 85/86 etc. stuff. I know you didn't ask, but... Happy New Year!!!
        The 85/86 'stuff' was offered with overdrive also........AND IT WAS AUTOMATIC!!!!!

Comment

Well... No Rich..
          There is more work than I considered.. I will go the Hurst route..
          Appreciate all the input..
          D~

Comment

Working...
          X