R2 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2 ??

Is it a SuperLark, just a R2 option, or a clone, anyone know the car. (No serial listed, so I can't do a Columbo investigation)

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT cost to date
    $61,389.30
    63 R2 SuperHawk
    spent to date $6.00
    63 Lark 2 door
    54 Starlight
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

JP,

See this prior thread I initiated on the car (with a couple of your posts ).

Gary

Comment

JP,

See this prior thread I initiated on the car (with a couple of your posts ).

Gary

Comment

Thanks, didn't make the connection to the swap page car. Kinda of a brief write up for a car in that price range, but that'll give the bidders that know the car a ace in the hole.

JDP/Maryland
        64 R2 GT cost to date
        $61,389.30
        63 R2 SuperHawk
        spent to date $6.00
        63 Lark 2 door
        54 Starlight
        52 Starliner
        51 Commander
        39 Coupe express
        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks, didn't make the connection to the swap page car. Kinda of a brief write up for a car in that price range, but that'll give the bidders that know the car a ace in the hole.

JDP/Maryland
          64 R2 GT cost to date
          $61,389.30
          63 R2 SuperHawk
          spent to date $6.00
          63 Lark 2 door
          54 Starlight
          52 Starliner
          51 Commander
          39 Coupe express
          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

And the ad probably provides some guidance on his reserve.

Comment

Comment

I went digging and came up with the following for 64's with engine sk323 = serial#14162 Commander 2 dr with 4 speed, package car, dual headlights, black exterior with red vinyl interior. Serial #14486 Hawk w/automatic, no package, white sport roof, power steering, disc brakes, white exterior and black interior.

The motor on this car had to come out of one of the above cars. AHas anyone sought out the serial # inside the door from the seller?

58 Packard Wagon (Parade Red)
                58 Packard Wagon (Park Green)
                58 Packard Sedan (Shadowtone Red)
                62 Daytona (White)
                63 Lark Custom 2 Door Sedan R2 (Super Red)

Comment

I went digging and came up with the following for 64's with engine sk323 = serial#14162 Commander 2 dr with 4 speed, package car, dual headlights, black exterior with red vinyl interior. Serial #14486 Hawk w/automatic, no package, white sport roof, power steering, disc brakes, white exterior and black interior.

The motor on this car had to come out of one of the above cars. AHas anyone sought out the serial # inside the door from the seller?

58 Packard Wagon (Parade Red)
                  58 Packard Wagon (Park Green)
                  58 Packard Sedan (Shadowtone Red)
                  62 Daytona (White)
                  63 Lark Custom 2 Door Sedan R2 (Super Red)

Comment

JDP, you've got to stop the cost to date figure. My wife has seen it and has noticed I'm gaining on you rapidly. It's a race she doesn't want to see me win. Each week I come home to a new pile of boxes. A wise man once said "Nothing is more expensive than a cheap Avanti." But it sure is fun isn't it?

Jim

1966 Avanti II RQA 0088
                    Jim
                    Often in error, never in doubt
                    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

JDP, you've got to stop the cost to date figure. My wife has seen it and has noticed I'm gaining on you rapidly. It's a race she doesn't want to see me win. Each week I come home to a new pile of boxes. A wise man once said "Nothing is more expensive than a cheap Avanti." But it sure is fun isn't it?

Jim

1966 Avanti II RQA 0088
                      Jim
                      Often in error, never in doubt
                      http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

I hope you loose this particular race since the bulk of my figure was paid by the PO and not me. I see my cheap Avanti admonition has not dissuaded most folks from trying to prove me wrong.

JDP/Maryland
                        64 R2 GT cost to date
                        $61,389.30
                        63 R2 SuperHawk
                        spent to date $6.00
                        63 Lark 2 door
                        54 Starlight
                        52 Starliner
                        51 Commander
                        39 Coupe express
                        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I hope you loose this particular race since the bulk of my figure was paid by the PO and not me. I see my cheap Avanti admonition has not dissuaded most folks from trying to prove me wrong.

JDP/Maryland
                          64 R2 GT cost to date
                          $61,389.30
                          63 R2 SuperHawk
                          spent to date $6.00
                          63 Lark 2 door
                          54 Starlight
                          52 Starliner
                          51 Commander
                          39 Coupe express
                          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                            How so, Gary[?] I've read the ad a couple times and no clues jumped out at me. [?] BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                              How so, Gary[?] I've read the ad a couple times and no clues jumped out at me. [?] BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X