3E38 2 ton In Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3E38 2 ton In Iowa

I have come across a 3E38 fuel delivery truck that is in fairly good condition. It has been barn kept and is solid. After much agonizing, I have decided I don't need another project. If someone else has interest I will contact the owner and set up an exchange of contact info. The truck is complete with pump and hose for fuel delivery, the fuel body has the original "hatch lids" the original glass "marble" type reflectors. The engine is free and full of antifreeze (block not cracked) and I could rotate by hand. The only major rust is on the driver side step. Both doors open and close without sagging and it has the Transtar and V8 medallions, as well as a spotlight. The engine number is V393xxx which, if I am reading stuff right indicates a car engine (replacement?) 259. Speedo shows 30K and I would guess it is accurate. The cab corners are good, and the whole body looks straight, but the front fenders have a patch at the front (looks like something was mounted and removed, not sure what. I was told it was driven into the barn 13 years ago, and my best guess it could be driven out, if fresh gas and battery were provided. The truck has a title (I did not check for accuracy, as I decided not to pursue it) and the owner was asking $1000 but I think that there is room to haggle.

Does the tanker body look like this one? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=tanker

Craig

Comment

Yes, similer, if not exact match. I can't remember if they said it was a Citco or Phillips 66 truck. Still has the pump and flow meter, hose hose reel and nozzel.

Comment

Biggest problem on these old gas trucks is if someone plans to use them for anything most you can no longer use the tank as they are no longer Dot approved. A shop that I worked at before I retired restored a old IH. for a local Harley shop and they spent a small fortune makeing the tank so the state would approve it.

Comment

I don't think "using them" would be practical for any use. Cleaned and restored as a "time capsule" is about it. The insurance, and required permits and inspections would make any use with flamable oil or gasoline inpractial if even legal.

Comment

How about hollow that out. and make a camper....kind of like a submarine on the inside...port holes and all....

Comment

I was thinking kegs on the inside and rows of tappers outside.
              Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Chester Bradfield has a '54 fuel truck that I have posted pictures of before. I am in FL on my phone, perhaps Craig can find them.

Comment

I sure hope someone picks it up, I help if I can, but it is too good to go for scrap.

Comment

I'd post this on the Stude Swap Page, and/or the Stude Truck page.
                    Pictures (and lots of them) would help you find it a new home as well.

Or maybe I should pony up and scare Dad with yet another something wonderful...?
                    How in a hurry is the owner?

StudeDave '57
                    StudeDave '57
                    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                    SDC Member since 1985

past President
                    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC
                    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                      Chester Bradfield has a '54 fuel truck that I have posted pictures of before. I am in FL on my phone, perhaps Craig can find them.
                      He probably can! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...t=chester+fuel

And a couple of other ones: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=tanker

Craig
                      Last edited by 8E45E; 12-30-2014, 05:10 AM.

Comment

I'd take it, if it were closer.... Why all the good one's up there?

Comment

Geoff have you checked your personnel message box? Message sent.
                          Tom
                          sigpic

Comment

Sent you an e-mail

Comment

pm message sent

Comment

Working...
                              X