Right hand drive `52 or is it `50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right hand drive `52 or is it `50?

This one has me stumped. Is this a `50 with a 52 front end on it? The seller thinks it's a `52 with a `50 dash. Oh, the car is right hand drive as well.

It looks as it should. 51 and 52's that were Right Hand Control used '50 dashes.

Comment

I notice the Craigslist ad says "Condition: Fair "Does anyone have a photo of one in "poor" condition?
      Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
      See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

I have seen that car in person. It IS ROUGH. IF anyone would like to see more pictures, please PM me.
        Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
        '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
        '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Early Rural-Router.
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

In Wildomar, CA

Wow this is RIGHT in Warren Webb's backyard!
            Right off of Interstate 15.

That's a very rare car. Desirable? Well maybe, it IS a 1952 Starlight Coupe after all.

It would be Super Interesting to get it's Production Order (G338368) to find out what Organization received this likely "Fleet".
            Last edited by StudeRich; 12-27-2014, 03:06 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I don't get the serial number as posted. G338368 would be a 1948 Champion from South Bend. If the title is using the engine number, C338368 it would be a '51 Canadian engine. d
              Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Obviously and export model therefore there could be some variables. This would apply to many export models, there were many features that were not available on this side of the pond. Chrysler had a foot operated radio dial that was only available on exports. Yes some snuck in on this side but they were mostly intended for export.

Comment

high option car, It came with a heater.
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                  X