Fuse Location?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Fuse Location?....

...on a 64 GT Hawk where is the fuse located for the instrument switch on the dash board?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

I do not believe there is one, it is not needed since the Instrument Lighting works only through the Headlight Switch which is Circuit Breaker protected.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

There may be one on the back side of the headlight switch. Some cars use them some don't. Not sure about the hawk. I will check mine tomorrow when the light is better if no one else knows for sure.

Comment

My '59 Lark has the fuse box by the light switch. Also, the flasher unit for the turn signals is there.
        Rog
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

AGAIN: The Instrument Light system HAS no fuse, it is not required because Hawks have separate Headlight and Instrument Light Switches and the Instrument Lights are wired THROUGH the Head Light Switch which has it's own Circuit Breaker attached to protect all.

You cannot run Instrument Lights without Headlights, so no problem.

Not like any Lark.

And no it is not on the small Insulator Board where the Turn Signal and Brake Light Fuses are with the Flasher Unit.

The OP's original problem with the Car is not stated. ???
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I am wondering if the rheostat to dim the dash lights just needs cleaning.

It would help if the OP came back with a better description of his "problem".
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks guys, instrument light switch must be bad/dirty since instruments don't light along with the headlights. I'm going to remove the switch and see if cleaning will help. Are new ones available? Any know substitutions?
              Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              AGAIN: The Instrument Light system HAS no fuse, it is not required because Hawks have separate Headlight and Instrument Light Switches and the Instrument Lights are wired THROUGH the Head Light Switch which has it's own Circuit Breaker attached to protect all.

You cannot run Instrument Lights without Headlights, so no problem.

Not like any Lark.

And no it is not on the small Insulator Board where the Turn Signal and Brake Light Fuses are with the Flasher Unit.

The OP's original problem with the Car is not stated. ???
              Lou Van Anne
              62 Champ
              64 R2 GT Hawk
              79 Avanti II

Comment

Does the Hawk have a separate rheostat like the Larks or not? If your headlights and parking lights work but the dash doesn't, as Gary suggested,I would address the rheostat first.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                X