Unusual factory deletes or additions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual factory deletes or additions

I've been wondering for a while about unusual things Studebaker did for their customers. For instance, were any Packard Hawks ordered without the fake continental thing on the trunk lid? Were any Larks fitted with leather upholstery? Were there any cars that were delivered with a custom color (I know there were at least fleet sales in that category)?

I'm pretty sure that some cars were ordered without certain name badges or ornaments and I know at least one example of a 1966 car that was ordered with the older wheelcovers from 1964. Maybe someone ordered unusual badges or script as well. How about gold plated trim?

I thought this would make an interesting conversation. Pictures are most welcome!

I suppose if changes were made at a dealer that still counts, but is not quite what I'm after.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    II'm pretty sure that some cars were ordered without certain name badges or ornaments and I know at least one example of a 1966 car that was ordered with the older wheelcovers from 1964. Maybe someone ordered unusual badges or script as well. How about gold plated trim?
    The 100,000 1959 Lark, a Tahiti Coral station wagon had gold-finished 'Studebaker' scripts on the front fenders. And we mentioned a few here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...leather+rhodes

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Were there any cars that were delivered with a custom color (I know there were at least fleet sales in that category)?
      Look no further then the SNM for an example. Their '56 President Classic is a special 'Golden Hawk only' color.

StudeDave '57
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
        Look no further then the SNM for an example. Their '56 President Classic is a special 'Golden Hawk only'
        I thought Ceramic Green was made available on President Classics later in the model year: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...=ceramic+green

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
          I thought Ceramic Green was made available on President Classics later in the model year: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...=ceramic+greenCraig
          I'll have to confirm, but I believe the '56 President 2-dr being restored here in Spokane is a ceramic green/white. They're having trouble with the matching interior fabric. The first received was not at all the same as the original. Anyone confirm there was a complementary green interior offered?

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
            I thought Ceramic Green was made available on President Classics later in the model year: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...=ceramic+green
            Craig
            What I said back then is still all I know now~

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
            The sign in front of the car tells a different story.
            I recall it saying something to the effect of~

"this color combo was special ordered in colors that were not offered on Presidents".

Maybe after they saw how good it looked they offered it on later Presidents?

So could it be that the SNM has it wrong?

StudeDave '57
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
              I'll have to confirm, but I believe the '56 President 2-dr being restored here in Spokane is a ceramic green/white. jack vines
              That's gonna look gooood!!!! Could you try and talk the owners into bringing it 'over the hill' for the NW Overdrive in May, or the World Famous Whatcom WeekEnd of Fun in September? Both events are sponsored by the Whatcom County Chapter of SDC....
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...