Timberline Blue AND Turquoise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timberline Blue AND Turquoise

Was Timberline Blue AND Timberline Turquoise colors for 1966?

Mark Anderson
    1965 Cruiser

Home of the Cruiser Registry

I believe the color description was Timberline Turquoise, Mark; not two separate colors. (I never did understand that color name, either; perhaps it is from a Canadian mountain range somewhere!) [:0] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I believe the color description was Timberline Turquoise, Mark; not two separate colors. (I never did understand that color name, either; perhaps it is from a Canadian mountain range somewhere!) [:0] BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Studebaker gave a Canadian "angle" to several of the color names for 1966. From the paint chips in my decor folder: Niagara Blue Mist, Artic White, Timberline Turquoise, Midnight Black, Yellowknife Gold, Richelieu Blue, Mount Royal Red, Algonquin Green.

Niagara Blue is much lighter than the Museum car; Richelieu Blue is very dark, close to black.

Chris Collins
        63 Avanti R-2
        66 Cruiser

Comment

Studebaker gave a Canadian "angle" to several of the color names for 1966. From the paint chips in my decor folder: Niagara Blue Mist, Artic White, Timberline Turquoise, Midnight Black, Yellowknife Gold, Richelieu Blue, Mount Royal Red, Algonquin Green.

Niagara Blue is much lighter than the Museum car; Richelieu Blue is very dark, close to black.

Chris Collins
          63 Avanti R-2
          66 Cruiser

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm getting cars in the registry that are listed as Timberline Blue and Timberline Turquoise. I have the build sheet on one that's Timberline Turquoise, so I knew that was a valid color name. I'll go and change the rest.

Mark Anderson
            1965 Cruiser

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm getting cars in the registry that are listed as Timberline Blue and Timberline Turquoise. I have the build sheet on one that's Timberline Turquoise, so I knew that was a valid color name. I'll go and change the rest.

Mark Anderson
              1965 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
              X