Twin Traction Dana 44 worth anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Traction Dana 44 worth anything?

TT rears usually sell in the $200-300 range.

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT cost to date
    $60,984.29
    63 R2 SuperHawk
    63 Lark 2 door
    54 Starlight
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

TT rears usually sell in the $200-300 range.

JDP/Maryland
      64 R2 GT cost to date
      $60,984.29
      63 R2 SuperHawk
      63 Lark 2 door
      54 Starlight
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander
      39 Coupe express
      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I'm in Portland and am interested in the Twin Twaction (sorry, but that name makes me go all Elmer Fud).

Comment

I'm in Portland and am interested in the Twin Twaction (sorry, but that name makes me go all Elmer Fud).

Comment

A year or so ago I sold a guy an open dana 27 from a 66 commander simply because he wanted flanged axels. When he came to pick it up he brought me his old one just to get it out of his way. It is a 44 TT with, I think, 3.54 gears. Matthew has his eye on it for his Daytona.

Neil Thornton
            Hazlehurst, GA
            '57 Silver Hawk
            '56 Sky Hawk
            '51 2R16 dump truck
            Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

A year or so ago I sold a guy an open dana 27 from a 66 commander simply because he wanted flanged axels. When he came to pick it up he brought me his old one just to get it out of his way. It is a 44 TT with, I think, 3.54 gears. Matthew has his eye on it for his Daytona.

Neil Thornton
              Hazlehurst, GA
              '57 Silver Hawk
              '56 Sky Hawk
              '51 2R16 dump truck
              Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

quote:A year or so ago I sold a guy an open dana 27 from a 66 commander simply because he wanted flanged axels. When he came to pick it up he brought me his old one just to get it out of his way. It is a 44 TT with, I think, 3.54 gears. Matthew has his eye on it for his Daytona.
                3:31 gears.

Matthew Burnette
                '59 Scotsman
                '63 Daytona
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:A year or so ago I sold a guy an open dana 27 from a 66 commander simply because he wanted flanged axels. When he came to pick it up he brought me his old one just to get it out of his way. It is a 44 TT with, I think, 3.54 gears. Matthew has his eye on it for his Daytona.
                  3:31 gears.

Matthew Burnette
                  '59 Scotsman
                  '63 Daytona
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

More on the 3.07 TT... After sand blasting the filthy beast I pulled the cover off to inspect the gears. Probably should have inspected first, but I got lucky and found nice looking gears inside. Only the outer edge of a few ring gear teeth show minor corrosion and no other damage is evident. As ugly as the shed was it was still a roof over this rear end. I've found much newer rear ends with much worse gears due to rust. Since this rear end is without brakes I'm only asking $150.

Joshua

Comment

More on the 3.07 TT... After sand blasting the filthy beast I pulled the cover off to inspect the gears. Probably should have inspected first, but I got lucky and found nice looking gears inside. Only the outer edge of a few ring gear teeth show minor corrosion and no other damage is evident. As ugly as the shed was it was still a roof over this rear end. I've found much newer rear ends with much worse gears due to rust. Since this rear end is without brakes I'm only asking $150.

Joshua

Comment

I sure hope you were careful how you pointed the sandblaster nozzle at this thing! They're not perfectly impervious to penetration by high-pressure blasts![xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I sure hope you were careful how you pointed the sandblaster nozzle at this thing! They're not perfectly impervious to penetration by high-pressure blasts![xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Somebody on the Studebaker Swap page just posted an ad looking for one.

Maybe you can help him out, although he appeared to want a different gear ratio.

Las Vegas, NV
                            '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

Somebody on the Studebaker Swap page just posted an ad looking for one.

Maybe you can help him out, although he appeared to want a different gear ratio.

Las Vegas, NV
                              '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

Working...
                              X