61 4 door lark body cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61 4 door lark body cheap

Cheap means free but as of today it is already gone, guess where?

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Bob, You're supposed to fixing 'em up, not take 'em apart.....
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

Bob, I'm trying to understand the point of this post. Is it to hurt Lark lovers?
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
        Bob, I'm trying to understand the point of this post. Is it to hurt Lark lovers?
        I was thinking what Bob said. What is the purpose of this post? I can think of a few.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
          You had your chance: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ht=deluxe+dual

Craig

Comment

Maybe, but that has nothing to do with my question.
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I've noticed a bitterness in some of these posts. Lots of people here would like to help save some of the cars you have scrapped, but it is not physically or financially possible for most. I wish you were closer, but it is what it is.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Is that the one I wanted the licence plates from?
                Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

The good parts have been saved for the 61 convert, if people don't like what I post to bad, I go out of my way to save Studebakers more than most, so when it comes time to retire one it happens, if you don't want to hear about it then don't open the thread.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Why are you getting mad? I hope it's not me you're mad at, I just asked a question.

I saw your thread title and opened it because as you know Larks are my favorites. I may not be in a position just now to save another, but I like to think I would try to find homes for cars. As you know, I have, many times. So I saw 'Lark body cheap' and thought that's what I would see. Instead, with that picture and comment it felt like you were trying to punish us for not being able to jump right in and save it. Is that what you intended? Because speaking for myself, it hurts to see that.

Nobody is questioning your efforts or track record in the area of saving Studebakers. But being a group of Studebaker lovers, I was wondering why you posted a picture that was sure to make us sad. We all know that there are many more Larks to be saved than there are people who want to save them. No need to punish those who love them.

Two years ago I actually cried when I sent several Larks to the crusher because nobody wanted them, even for free. The image of them going away, lost forever, still haunts me. Honest. But I didn't feel a need to make others have to see it and be haunted too. It's tough enough having love for cars that nobody else in your area care about. I wasn't about to compound it by taking painful pictures and posting them for the few people that do love them. And definitely not under a misleading title designed to trick them into seeing something they didn't want to see.

Best of luck as you do what you have to do. And I promise, if I see a thread titled "Lark I just cut up" or something like that, I definitely will not open it.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.
                    Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Kinda like an old dog who needs to be put down. No one likes it and no one wants to do it,but sometimes it's the right thing to do.

But still,there's no need to brag about it and rub salt into the wound.

BTW,I love rusty old Studebakers and old dogs.
                      Neil Thornton

Comment

It obviously did not have a happy ending like this one did: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ruiser+Zealand

But the good parts are going to be used on another '61 as he stated.

Craig

Comment

My thanks to Bob for providing me parts to keep other cars on the road. While we in the midwest where I live would probably never scrap such a car, it is a different story in the west. They are much more plentiful. The living costs are quite a bit higher and the costs to store such cars is probably prohibitive based on the demand. I have seen Bob offer many parts here before he scrapped them. I would bet that the Bob's overhead for the shop he eventually wants to shut down is more than we pay for house payments per month.

If Bob had not picked up this car it probably would have ended up totally in scrap. Anyone that has ever parted out a car knows that it takes a lot of Bob's time to save the parts he is able to
                          Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                          1961 Hawk 4-speed
                          1967 Avanti
                          1961 Lark 2 door
                          1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Sorry if I hurt some members feelings with some of my posts but if I got up in arms every time I read one that I didn't like for any reason I might be on the computer all day but I open things that interest me and sometimes am surprised on what it really is, not doing it to hurt any one or to make people feel that it was not saved because people didn't jump when I first started the post, but sometimes scrap metal is just that and nothing more. the frame was not scrapped as it will end up under someone's Avanti or convert in the future even if I need to bring it across country as I have done in the past, I don't really know why I want to post things at the end but every one and every thing should have an obituary even the old larks and a lot of hawks have gone to dust in the past, remember the obituary in Dec. of 63?
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                              Sorry if I hurt some members feelings with some of my posts but if I got up in arms every time I read one that I didn't like for any reason I might be on the computer all day but I open things that interest me and sometimes am surprised on what it really is, not doing it to hurt any one or to make people feel that it was not saved because people didn't jump when I first started the post, but sometimes scrap metal is just that and nothing more. the frame was not scrapped as it will end up under someone's Avanti or convert in the future even if I need to bring it across country as I have done in the past, I don't really know why I want to post things at the end but every one and every thing should have an obituary even the old larks and a lot of hawks have gone to dust in the past, remember the obituary in Dec. of 63?
                              Bob,

We appreciate your efforts to save them, regardless of the outcome. Perhaps those who wished it to be saved will think differently the next time you post a vehicle for sale, and take the extra effort to come and get it instead of pissing and moaning over it. I would hate to be their family doctor who was unable to save the life of their loved one from a chronic disease like cancer, etc.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X