Sta-bil 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sta-bil 360

This product has been recommended to me. Has anyone used it?
    peter lee

I have been using Sta-bil Marine. I can't tell you what the difference is but I have been happy with the product I am using.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Ditto on Stabil Marine. I understand that the difference claimed is that Sta-bil 360 evaporates off some in partially empty tanks and prevents corrosion on the upper inside of said tank http://www.sta-bil360.com/ Gordon

Comment

Satisfied Sta-Bil Marine user here too. I've used it for the past three or four years and my car has always started first time in the spring.

Comment

I have never used it, but have had a bottle sitting in the garage for 3 or 4 years now. I plan to use it just to get rid of it, but keep forgetting to do so. The label says, "Fuel Stabilizer & Preservative". But I usually gas up about once a week, and try not to let any of the three Studes sit more than a month. So just nothing to stabilize & preserve here. Maybe I will take it to the Indi Chapter Christmas Party next week, and give it to someone there.

IIRC, it came free with an order from Summit. If I keep hoarding it, someday I will need to add new Sta-Bil to this old Sta-Bil
          Last edited by JoeHall; 12-18-2014, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
            I have never used it, but have had a bottle sitting in the garage for 3 or 4 years now. I plan to use it just to get rid of it, but keep forgetting to do so. The label says, "Fuel Stabilizer & Preservative". But I usually gas up about once a week, and try not to let any of the three Studes sit more than a month. So just nothing to stabilize & preserve here. Maybe I will take it to the Indi Chapter Christmas Party next week, and give it to someone there.

IIRC, it came free with an order from Summit. If I keep hoarding it, someday I will need to add new Sta-Bil to this old Sta-Bil
            I use Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer each autumn before putting the Studebaker away for the winter. Many members I know use it also.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Somewhere, I read that purple Marine Sta-Bil was superior to the pink version. The label calls for a reduced portion during normal use and a stronger ratio for storage. I started using the Marine Sta-Bil about three years ago and it has been satisfactory.
              "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

I have used the product in all sorts of engines for many years: motorcycles, yard machines, performance and other vintage vehicles without any incidents when starting the engines later, some times much later. Just follow the instructions, though.

Comment

Been using it in our motor home and Studebakers for many years and have had no problems. Course I might have had no problems with out it as well but I consider it cheap insurance.
                  Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                  50 Champion 2 door*
                  53 Commander K Auto*
                  53 Commander K overdrive*
                  55 President Speedster
                  62 GT 4Speed*
                  63 Avanti R1*
                  64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by plee4139 View Post
                    This product has been recommended to me. Has anyone used it?
                    The OP was a question about Sta-bil 360, which, I believe, is a new product just recently released. I too have used the other Sta-bil products with great results, but have yet to try the 360.
                    Jim
                    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

DETAILS OF 360 ARE GIVEN IN THE LINK I POSTED IN POST #3 gordon

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                        Yeah Joe...I have a couple of small cans I have had for years. When I say "cans," I really mean TIN CANS. How long has it been since they were supplying it in real tin cans?

Heck...they might have been bought at a "Western Auto" store.

I have one five-gallon and two two-gallon gasoline containers I use for lawn mowers, tractors, and occasionally, my motorcycle. Last winter, when I would empty one, I would go ahead and put in the appropriate mixture of marine Sta-Bil before refilling the containers. This year, I haven't gotten around to that chore. I think that, to those of us this far south, it is not quite as important as for those living in areas of severe winters. In those areas, where many vehicles pretty much have to hibernate for the entire winter...it is much more important.
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                          I use Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer each autumn before putting the Studebaker away for the winter. Many members I know use it also.

Stu Chapman
                          Stu,
                          I'm on the same page with you. I just filled the tank in my Lark after changing the oil. I added Sta-bil Marine to my tank for the winter. I also keep the battery charged with my Battery Tender. Seems to work well for me.
                          Rog
                          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

since battery tenders were mentioned, Harbor Freight has ones available on sale for $5.99. When they are on sale, I buy numerous. They also make inexpensive Christmas presents for car guys. For us CASO's they are more affordable. FWIW I've been using them on 15 cars for 10 years--results are very acceptable. When they fail it is not painful to discard them. Gordon

Comment

Then, there are those of us who wouldn't put STA-BIL in our tank or can if it were free.

We've had 10% ethanol in our pump gas for twenty years now and I still haven't had a problem I can trace to it.

I've got three Studes, four mowers, two snowblowers, two chainsaws, rototiller and weedwhacker which sit in a cold garage for 4-8 months a year and start every time without any STA-BIL.

Your opinions and results may vary.

jack vines
                              PackardV8

Comment

Working...
                              X