Stude engines in VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude engines in VA

I thought there was someone here looking for a new engine and or running gear for their new Stude (Lark?) a few months ago somewhat in this region. If there were several at this place, they might still be there: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/t...ebaker.678755/

Thanks for passing on the information. I called the number shown on the page. The man told me that, because of being a recycling center, anything that would have been there in March, 2012, would not have been there very long. He has no Studebaker parts now.

The man looking for a V8 uses the name Restobaker. He and I are both in SE Virginia.

I am reviving a 1949 2R5 truck. For my project I am looking for a passenger side rear axle, both rear hubs, or a complete rear axle assembly. An overdrive transmission and whatever is needed to make a conversion from straight drive would also be nice.

Recently a man offered a complete rolling chassis for a heavier truck on the Baltimore Craigslist. It had a Commander motor with overdrive, which would have been a nice upgrade to make in a future project, but it would not have given me the rear axle parts that I am looking for now. He was not willing to separate the parts, and it was too far away for me to consider asking him to reconsider, so I left it alone.

Any hints of parts near SE Virginia would be appreciated, so keep them coming. Thanks.

Comment

I wish I had known, I scrapped several rear axles on my last load to the junkyard. The junk truck was a 2R10 that once had overdrive and I think there was one off a 2R5 as well. I believe the original axle from Leonard Shepherd's '52 Commander was also on that load.

Last edited by Guido; 12-19-2014, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Oops. I missed out on that.

Comment

Working...
        X