U.S. Government Military Rides for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Government Military Rides for Sale

Found this off of Yahoo today: http://www.govplanet.com/jsp/equip/a...?groupId=11611

First thing I looked at was the minivans. Never seen them before. Wonder where they cane from and what they were used for?
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
      First thing I looked at was the minivans. Never seen them before. Wonder where they cane from and what they were used for?
      Delivered to your door, assembled in USA with parts from China: http://www.tigertruck.com/

Craig

Comment

I'll be darned. Never saw those before. Must have been a low-bid government contract. Wonder what they used them for.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

We use the Vantage and another companies similar vans/trucks here on campus. Ours (and I assume the ones listed) are electric and are not street legal. They are basically glorified golf carts. The trucks have all had to have refab adding lots of steel to the rear sections (I think the rear end mounts are first to go). I would guess these were used strickly on base as shuttles.Steve
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
            Delivered to your door, assembled in USA with parts from China: http://www.tigertruck.com/

Craig
            Nah,

Daihatsu is a Toyota subsidiary. Back in the 80's Toyota tried selling them here for a while but they didn't catch on and they changed their mind. The government bought some of them for use on military airfields and at logistics centers and such.
            Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
            Kenmore, Washington
            hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
            '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
            '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
            '69 Pontiac Firebird
            (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

I just saw a link on Facebook that mentions Humvees being sold to civilians. They are supposed to be for off road use only, but you know somebody will be driving theirs to town.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                I just saw a link on Facebook that mentions Humvees being sold to civilians. They are supposed to be for off road use only, but you know somebody will be driving theirs to town.
                Our City Police Dept has one.
                Neil Thornton

Comment

Yes, the military uses a lot of these minivehicles for on-base chores. The ones my Navy employer has been buying lately are Vantage pickups for use by the plumbing and electrician departments, delivering mail, etc. They are gasoline-powered, but not street legal. The govt considers them to be equipment, not vehicles.
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Some of the worst condition trucks I have ever, ever seen in my life were 'on base' trucks at military bases.
                    No inspection, or licensing required...
                    (NASA has some nasty old cruddy stuff, too)..

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                    Yes, the military uses a lot of these minivehicles for on-base chores. The ones my Navy employer has been buying lately are Vantage pickups for use by the plumbing and electrician departments, delivering mail, etc. They are gasoline-powered, but not street legal. The govt considers them to be equipment, not vehicles.
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                    X