PDA

View Full Version : Found another truck?

studeski
12-16-2014, 02:31 PM
Wandering around window shopping. He wants $210. I won't pay that!

Commander Eddie
12-16-2014, 04:01 PM
Frank on American Pickers would love that truck. As for value, in today's market that may be a fair price. But, like you, it is out of my range. If I'm going to spend that kind of money I'd rather plow it into one of my Studes.

53commander
12-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Frank on American Pickers would love that truck. As for value, in today's market that may be a fair price. But, like you, it is out of my range. If I'm going to spend that kind of money I'd rather plow it into one of my Studes.

He would offer the guy $25.00 and try to resell it at $500.00.

old-idaho-iron
12-17-2014, 11:26 AM
^^ Ain't that the truth!!! If those pickers ever came to my house, I would tell frank to sit in the van. lol

studeclunker
12-17-2014, 12:20 PM
^^ Ain't that the truth!!! If those pickers ever came to my house, I would tell frank to sit in the van. lol

I'd tell them to get lost and set the dogs on them!

sochocki
12-17-2014, 03:02 PM
I don't feel that badly about what "pickers" and other do to make a living. No one forces you to sell your item . . . at any price. They have overhead, gas, oil, insurance for their vehicle, plus any other costs if they have a shop/storage area. The item they buy for cash may not resell for YEARS, so they have more overhead invested in stock. Plus, they are trying to make a profit because they either are doing this for a living, or as a sideline job. Now if someone offers you $10 for an item, and they know they have a buyer at $500, then that's wrong. And why is the seller that stupid not to have a little better idea of what something is worth. On the other hand, sellers often think their rare jewel of an item is worth 10x as much as it does, or expects a "picker" to buy it and make a 5 or 10 per cent profit (before expenses). I am not a picker and never have been. It's the same thing, although a different dynamic, with pawn brokers. If you are that desperate for cash, try going to your friends, neighbors, or relatives and see how much they will loan or give you for your used chain saw! I have never worked in a pawn shop either. I know there are abuses, but the buyer has to be aware and try to educate himself!

jclary
12-17-2014, 03:28 PM
I have made some smart alec comments about the "pickers." I'm sure they are "big" enough to "take-it." I actually enjoy their upbeat manner and, although I have had some good natured fun at their expense, I think I'd enjoy meeting and bantering with them.

Not long ago, I met the star of one of these "reality" shows. While we had some fun discussing our varied interests...I turned serious enough to engage him in a discussion of how fortunate he is. Although he has worked hard to be where he is, it is important to keep himself grounded, and know how fleeting this fame can be. That, not only has this attention opened opportunities otherwise unavailable, but that there is a fiduciary obligation to not squander the experience, be a positive force to his loved ones, and thankful to his creator. Take care of these things, a good life, wealth, and legacy will accrue their appropriate result.

Same with these guys. I wish them well. I'll still take my shots. I'm confident they are capable of holding their own, and know exactly how much importance to give any opinion I might have.;)

studeski
12-26-2014, 04:58 PM
Well shucks my girl friend went and worked her over on the price and bought it for me for Christmas!! :!!: