PSMCD covered in Old Cars Weekly this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSMCD covered in Old Cars Weekly this week

The November 1, 2007 issue of Old Cars Weekly contains coverage of the Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags. The best part is the mention of 8 cars(or is that drivers?) in the caption under one of our own's 63 Lark. For us its not a blurb or too, its a peppering throughout the article. No names, just general coverage of the drags. They did make mention of the PBW, but not in all of those words. They first mentioned it as a supercharged Studebaker against a Yenko Camaro. Later on they mention it as an R3 Challenger when they discussed upholding and establishing reputations. BTW they put the R3 as establishing new reputations. [8D]
    Before I give too much away go read the article, its a great two page read. [^]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
    1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
    [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
    [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
    [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
    [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
    1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
    1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
    1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

John: Is the article available on line? I just spent about ten minutes all over the Old Cars website and couldn't find it. If you DO find it, please post a link! [] Thanks. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

John: Is the article available on line? I just spent about ten minutes all over the Old Cars website and couldn't find it. If you DO find it, please post a link! [] Thanks. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That article was written by the PSMCDR track announcer Diego Rosenberg. I'll have to look for a copy at Barnes & Noble this weekend. [8D]

Frank Remlinger
        SDC# A004602R
        Forgive me, for I drive a Dodge.
        Frank Remlinger
        Detroit, Michigan
        SDC# A004602R

Comment

That article was written by the PSMCDR track announcer Diego Rosenberg. I'll have to look for a copy at Barnes & Noble this weekend. [8D]

Frank Remlinger
          SDC# A004602R
          Forgive me, for I drive a Dodge.
          Frank Remlinger
          Detroit, Michigan
          SDC# A004602R

Comment

For the moment its in the magazine, but its not posted on the site
            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

For the moment its in the magazine, but its not posted on the site

Comment

I'm still trying to find the newspaper, but can assure everyone that something written about the event by Diego Rosenberg will be accurate, and fair to the Studebakers. I'm sure he is yet to see his 30th birthday, but finds R-engined Studebakers to be interesting machines.

Diego has spent a lot of time talking to me at the event, and through e-mails, to get all the Stude details right. His last missive was only(!) to clarify if Studebaker officially put any type of punctuation between the "R" and the number following (1,2,3,4) when designating Avanti engines (they didn't, by the way).

That is attention to detail! Nice fellow. BP

Comment

I'm still trying to find the newspaper, but can assure everyone that something written about the event by Diego Rosenberg will be accurate, and fair to the Studebakers. I'm sure he is yet to see his 30th birthday, but finds R-engined Studebakers to be interesting machines.

Diego has spent a lot of time talking to me at the event, and through e-mails, to get all the Stude details right. His last missive was only(!) to clarify if Studebaker officially put any type of punctuation between the "R" and the number following (1,2,3,4) when designating Avanti engines (they didn't, by the way).

That is attention to detail! Nice fellow. BP

Comment

Working...
                  X