1956 Golden hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956 Golden hawk

My cousin was in the Lewisburg/Middleburg, Pennsylvania area today, and saw a very complete 56 Hawk in a semi car lot located on PA rt 45 west between Lewisburg and Middleburg, PA. I am in Florida now, and cannot check the car out further. My cousin also lives at a fair distance from that location and is unable to follow up. There was no one there and no contact info. There were two other Studebakers also. A 64? wagon and a gt Hawk. Both of those cars were very rough, but the 56 was very complete and not real bad. Perhaps someone close to there on the forum can check it out or knows of these cars. Brad, they may not be too far from you Gordon

Road trip for Joe Hall?

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
      Road trip for Joe Hall?
      LOL Ed,
      If it were offered for free, I could not afford it. Whatever the price most here know it is just a down payment. With three Hawks already to feed and care for, I am "car poor", or maybe I should say, "Studebaker poor"

Unfortunately, more and more of our beloved Studes will continue to come out of the woodwork, and eventually saturate the shrinking market. We owners are growing older, many of us will downsize living conditions, storage will become lost, priorities will change, etc.. I am going to hold onto mine as long as possible, but cannot afford to take in anymore "strays"
      Last edited by JoeHall; 12-14-2014, 06:07 AM.

Comment

I think your cousin means between Lewisburg and Mifflinburg. It sure sounds like Ed Smeltz's place. Not a car lot, but a repair shop. I've noticed the '56 GH there on my travels in the area too. It is a solid car, with manual transmission if I recall correctly. Two tone blue, which is nice (but then, I'm prejudiced on that as my '54 Champion is also two tone blue). I don't recall ever seeing one with that color combination before.

Comment

You are absolutely correct, I mis-spoke about Middleburg, and not Mifflinburg. I also found out yesterday that it was Ed's place. I know Ed, since he is a Keystone member, but did not put things together---Senior moment. Actually, I talked to Denny Foust last evening and he cleared me up on this also.--Ed actually bought the Hawk from him. Thanks for all your help and further clarification. Gordon

Comment

Working...
          X