Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory correct front bench covers for Hawks

Hello,

Reading the October '14 Newsletter on the 56J registry, Frank A. mentions that the '56 GH front bench seat bottom patterns are incorrect on his Hawks (recently sold). He states that the front seat bench inserts, to be correct, should go completely across the bench between the side bolsters, without the center of the bench having vinyl down the middle. This maybe a common mistake on many Golden Hawks today??? Realizing the seat materials and door panel patterns for the other various Hawks (Sky, Power, Flight, Silver) differed from each other- including from the GH, does anyone know what should be the correct front bench seat pattern(s) for these other Hawks, split or not split? Thanks

Look at the CraigsList ad for a '56 GH in the Binghamton, NY area for the correct/original upholstery and pattern (there is another thread on this car).
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Did Frank's cars sell???, one was offered on ebay but I don't think it sold. Was he able to sell elsewhere??

Comment

Originally posted by larkregal62 View Post
        Did Frank's cars sell???, one was offered on ebay but I don't think it sold. Was he able to sell elsewhere??
        Frank's cars are NOT SOLD. They're both still sitting in his garage looking as great as ever.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          Look at the CraigsList ad for a '56 GH in the Binghamton, NY area for the correct/original upholstery and pattern (there is another thread on this car).
          Thanks Gary for directing me to a picture of a correct factory front bench seat pattern. But does anyone know if this pattern is also correct for the other '56 Hawks and subsequent years?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanwood
            I believe the upholstery (pattern) is unique to the 1956 Golden Hawk only.
            Thank you Stanwood for responding. Usually the questions or responses I post (and I don't post often) for whatever reason, don't get answered or receive very little follow-up. This gets disappointing at times 'cause I have been here for years and actually was an early member of past Stude forum site(s) dating to circa 1997. Bob Palma is the one exception to this complaint and he usually does reply and is a great help. Bob, thank you so very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Radsman View Post
              But does anyone know if this pattern is also correct for the other '56 Hawks and subsequent years?
              I did post a photo of Ralph Novarra's '56 Flight Hawk interior here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=novarra

Craig

Comment

Thanks Craig for the link. That's very helpful. Can anyone confirm a Power, Sky, Silver?

Comment

Thank you Stanwood for responding. Usually the questions or responses I post (and I don't post often) for whatever reason, don't get answered or receive very little follow-up. This gets disappointing at times 'cause I have been here for years and actually was an early member of past Stude forum site(s) dating to circa 1997. Bob Palma is the one exception to this complaint and he usually does reply and is a great help. Bob, thank you so very much.
                  I guess that I should keep in mind not to respond to your posts in the future, as I did on this one.

I don't even see Bob P. on this thread/topic.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks Craig for the link. That's very helpful. Can anyone confirm a Power, Sky, Silver?
                    Here is a '56 Golden Hawk:

1956 Sky Hawk (vinyl option)

1957 Golden Hawk

Craig

Comment

craig on the photo of the 57 GH interior, the v shaped metal covering the backside outside of the front seat is white the one on mine is black have I been wrong all of these years or were both black and white offered ? thanks

Comment

Craig, again I thank you very much. Those new pictures on post #11 are exactly what I wanted.

Comment

Working...
                        X