High School shop class doing a Stude Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School shop class doing a Stude Truck

Here's a link from Google News about a High School Shop restoring a 58 C-Cab

ALABASTER, Alabama -- The 1958 Studebaker truck may not look like much, considering its body is primer-gray and the hood and doors have been removed, exposing the engine and stripped-out cab that's missing pretty much everything. But in Performance Car...
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

We keep lamenting the loss of youth in the club, but we seldom think of ways to get a project in to their hands. Part them out? Or give them to a Vo-Tech and take a tax deduction?
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

My senior year of high school I had the Vo-Tech class rebuild the engine in a 1949 2R5 I owned. I was playing soccer, had a part time job and was working on the school newspaper at the time. In addition, I was rebuilding the engine on my Dad's 1955 Chevy truck. It took them most of the year and about $300, but they got the job done. I ended up with 4 more engines that the late Sam Miller supplied in an effort to get a good camshaft (which I still have). I kept the truck for about 6 years and sold it after I got out of college.

Comment

Working...
      X