Studebaker military prototypes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker military prototypes

About the middle of August, I printed some pictures of several Studebaker prototypes of military vehicles. The military museum is interested in the information on these, but I can't find the article again. Tried several searches, but no luck. They don't have any Studebaker vehicles, but they have an operable Russian T-34 tank and not much info. on the Studebaker vehicles. Any help would be welcome. Jim

What would you like to know? I own one. Here's a link to everything you would ever want to know about it:
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Thanks Chris, that isn't the one I was looking for, it'll make a good start tho. I've never seen that one before. I'll show it to them. The one I was looking for had a T-21 and a T-27 armored cars and a WW-1 armored motor machinegun battery.

Comment

Maybe the photos here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=armored

Craig

Comment

Thanks Craig, that's the one I was looking for. I could use photos of any other Stude military vehicles. Jim

Comment

Great information, Chris. I own a M274 A4 Mule and had no idea Studebaker was working on their own version.
            Cool stuff.
            Bill

Comment

I forgot they made the armored car. But by judging these photos they also made these prototype trucks around the same time.

Chris Dresbach

Comment

[QUOTE=Chris_Dresbach;887403]I forgot they made the armored car. But by judging these photos they also made these prototype trucks around the same time.

Interesting choice of tires, not the usual military pattern. Also, the rear suspension looks a lot like the Mack "CamelBack" spring setup. Wonder when that came out? Did Mack copy Studebaker/REO or vice versa?

Doug
                1963 Canadian Lark VY-6 4E2-122 Deluxe Scotsman

Bognor, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                X