Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best way to remove/conceal stains on headliner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best way to remove/conceal stains on headliner?

Hello together

I noticed some nasty stains (look like coffee stains, seem to be old glue stains) on the headliner of my 57 Golden Hawk.

Has anybody else also had this problem? How did you solve it?

Any tips are appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Rudy

Click image for larger version

Name:	headliner_stains.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1745197
    sigpic

The pattern - light center surrounded by dark stain - resembles rusty water stains.

Comment

That' what I would say to with maybe some mold stain. I would try some simple green on it on a rag and just do a small spot first.

Comment

My sun visors had some stains like that and vinyl paint made 'em look like new.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Thank you for your answers. What kind of vinyl paint have you used, Dave? I bought something here in Switzerland and tried a bit on my sunvisors (which have some stains too). It partly damaged the sunvisor where I had applied it. So what brand of vinyl paint could be recommended? Would love to mask these stains a bit.

Rudy
          sigpic

Comment

I took them to an upholsterer and rather than charge me to recover, he used the paint and it came out well. I can't say which brand but it was a rattle can. Then my body guy did the same thing with my arm rests. Bright red came out burgundy to match my seats. It looks right, feels right and was 1/4 the price of new vinyl.

Comment

I just recently did my arm rests in the Wagonaire and used Dupli-Color and have been very pleased with the outcome.
              Nick

Comment

All good ideas but I'd be concerned it will come back if you don't correct the source.

Comment

Well, yes, Dougie. The headliner goes in before the windows so if the window seal leaks, it may still leak. If you go to the lengths to stop the leak, may as well replace the headliner.

Comment

Working...
                  X