Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rainy days leave a person wondering what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainy days leave a person wondering what to do?

Today while at the shop waiting for my body man to come by and check out what he will need to do when grafting the trunk section of the 61 4 door to the 61 convert. he brought me a very nice16 page booklet for the 1958 Studebaker/Packard cars and the Mercedes Benz connection,I know lot of you have seen this booklet but have you just sat down and really checked it over and wondered about some of the things there, one thing is the optional 3 seat for the wagons I know they had them for the 63-66 wagons but how many were ordered? I have one in the shop and have only seen 3 in my life time. the seat was also an optional item for the Scotsman and other wagons. on the back page it shows the 58 Packard hawk with the statement " The most original car on the American road" and also " Extra power from built- in supercharger. This is really a nice booklet and shows off the 58 cars that Studebaker /Packard had to offer.

I really like the color combination of the green and white Golden hawk on the front page.....nice, nice, nice.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

I have quite a few duplicates of these in the original box. If anyone is interested $15 postpaid.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

This isn't really a "booklet" It is a newspaper insert. The ones that I have seen came from the "New York Times". Other newspapers probably also got the same insert.

I have seen many three seat Wagonaires. I remember seeing three at one time at an ex-Studebaker dealership in New Jersey. I have seen other individual ones. To me, the main drawback was that they had no place to put a spare wheel and tire. They originally came with Captive Air tires.

The 1958 Packard hardtop (red & white) on the cover is just like the one that I owned for more than nine years.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Richard, when you say in the original box.
        The booklet came in a box?
        Orlando FLA

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          This isn't really a "booklet" It is a newspaper insert. The ones that I have seen came from the "New York Times". Other newspapers probably also got the same insert.

I have seen many three seat Wagonaires. I remember seeing three at one time at an ex-Studebaker dealership in New Jersey. I have seen other individual ones. To me, the main drawback was that they had no place to put a spare wheel and tire. They originally came with Captive Air tires.

The 1958 Packard hardtop (red & white) on the cover is just like the one that I owned for more than nine years.
          Gary, your right on the news paper insert this one is from the San Francisco Examiner Sunday Dec. 8th 1957, has any one seen the 3rd seat in the 57or 58 wagons ?
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Working...
          X