Chapter Historian¿

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chapter Historian¿

I am Historian for our Mo-Ill chapter. We had the same historian since the 1970's to around 5 years ago when she had to step down. We do not have good records of events but have 3 tubs full of paper and information. We also have a lot of CDs of invaluable Studebaker information our long time president put together. One of my retirement projects I have not gotten to is to organize it and supplement missing newsletters with ones I have collected since the 70's.

Our previous historian use to give a presentation at each meeting on events from the past. Unfortunately most of the members that participated back then are no longer with us and the newer members seemed bored with this so we discontinued it.

Another retirement list item is to wade thru the archives and write articles for our newsletter on past history.
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

The Hudson Valley Chapter Historian absconded with the materials, including original, professional drawings many years ago. Attempts to get the materials back to the Chapter have been futile.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Don Jones is the club Historian for Keystone Region Chapter to the best of my knowledge.

Comment

The biggest problem with a "Historian" position is that they need a lot of room to store a lot of "stuff" that not many are interested in any more such as old "mall show" photos. The original Big 6 River Bend Chapter historians had to give up on the project after he died and she needed to downsize. Our current historian has a lot of stuff stashed and last year brought in the photo albums for chapter members to go thru to salvage what photos they wanted.. sorry to say most of the old photos are now re-cycled and were probably in yesterday's newspaper, or last month's TURNING WHEELS for their paper content. We don't have a "club house" available for storage, and it ends up in someone's attic or spare bedroom closet. Even going through the effort of digitizing the photos and newsletters to save space would be an apparent waste of time as no one would ever take the time to dig up something that is now of little value... DARN IT

Comment

The Eastern North Carolina Chapter has had a historian for several years. He has been diligently pulling together the information that tells the story of the chapter's history. Although our historian took over the VP position last year he has kept up with his role as historian.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

The Michiana Chapter doesn't have an official historian. It seems to be a four way tie between John Oxian, John Nemeth, Tim Janowiak, and myself. The two Johns know just about everything there is to know about the history of the chapter and Tim and I handle anything to do with Studebaker in South Bend, specifically the factory.
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

The North Star chapter has a historian. It is tied to a chapter director--currently Jim Gieselman.

Comment

The Hamilton Chapter has a historian, Paul Cronkwright, he also is the Editor of the Chapter newsletter.

Comment

Charlie Tubens is the current historian for the Northwest Chapter here in Oregon. He usually gives a report each meeting.
                    Ed Sallia
                    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                    X