53 Starlight Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 Starlight Coupe

Looking at a 53 Starlight Coupe it seems the body lines are close to a 56 Golden Hawk. Are the fender wells front and rear the same in height and clearance.

The panels are the same.

Height and clearance depend on suspension, tire size, etc.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by glmannix View Post
      Looking at a 53 Starlight Coupe it seems the body lines are close to a 56 Golden Hawk. Are the fender wells front and rear the same in height and clearance.
      There's a lot of room under the rear fenders for many different size tires. It all depends on wheel offset. For example, I've got a narrowed rear end under the back of my Coupe. I've had tires as wide as 10 1/2 inches under the rear with stock fenders. All I did was "roll" the lip a little and use Urethane bushings in the leaf springs to stiffen it up. Its worked well for me for decades.
      The front end maintains enough clearance by using stock offset rims up to 6 inch wide.
      What are your plans? Restoration, Modified, Hot Rod, Custom? Just curious.
      sals54

Comment

Thanks for all the good info. I am just looking to put a little bit bigger wheel on my 56 Golden Hawk. I saw a 53 Starlight Coupe on eBay with larger wheels.

Comment

On my '55 cp. (same as a '56) I used 8X15's with 265-75R15's on the rear. IIRC I had a 5 1/2" backspace. I used the centers from a couple of Lark wheels and the outers from a pair of Ford truck wagon wheels.

Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome
          Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
          X