Studebaker vendor who does re-chroming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker vendor who does re-chroming

I need to locate the Studebaker vendor who does re-chroming. I have bought chrome parts from him in past and he is very good. I have an Avanti rear bumper that needs re-chromed
    this vendor when he sits up at Stude swap meets always has lots of chrome for sale

appreciate your help
    Joe

Joe Parsons

Dick Linsey from Ohio and Barry Hackney from Houston both do rechroming. Dick normally has more chrome displayed than Barry
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Forrester's Chrome For The Street
      3990 Bankhead Hwy, Douglasville, GA 30134
      (770) 949-8942
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Last spring, at the York, Pa. swap meet, a vendor was set up in the second building. He was set up behind the '51 Raffle car and had lots of chrome. I have his card somewhere, but with all the stuff out of place right now (new flooring job), I would have a big problem finding it. I could be "Dick Linsey" named above. I know he was from a northern state. He told me that he contracted with a nearby company to do the plating for him. Although he does not do the work himself, what my untrained eye saw looked great.

I have also seen Jerry Forrester's work...(listed above), always looked first rate.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Don Borger He is always at the South Bend Swap Meet. He is from New Castle, PA 724-658-4677

Comment

Originally posted by 5brown1 View Post
            Don Borger He is always at the South Bend Swap Meet. He is from New Castle, PA 724-658-4677
            I learn something new everyday, I thought Don only wanted to vend at meets, I did not know he did chroming for others! He definitely has nice chrome and is nice to deal with.
            Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
            1961 Hawk 4-speed
            1967 Avanti
            1961 Lark 2 door
            1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
              Last spring, at the York, Pa. swap meet, a vendor was set up in the second building. He was set up behind the '51 Raffle car and had lots of chrome. I have his card somewhere, but with all the stuff out of place right now (new flooring job), I would have a big problem finding it. I could be "Dick Linsey" named above. I know he was from a northern state. He told me that he contracted with a nearby company to do the plating for him. Although he does not do the work himself, what my untrained eye saw looked great.

I have also seen Jerry Forrester's work...(listed above), always looked first rate.

Yes that would be Dick Lindsey.

Richard Lindsey
              13016 Warwick Rd.
              Marshallville, Ohio 44645
              330-465-0217

Info taken from his business card

Comment

unclemilte,
                You are probably right. He most likely just does the vending. His wares are nice - I bought a bumper from him.
                He might be worth a call though. The description given in the first post reminded me of him

Comment

Hi JC - you think Dick Linsey will be at the MAGGIE VALLEY SHOW ??or orrester ??
                  Attached Files

Comment

Where is The Most Resonble Upholsterir for already made 1955 Stude commander Interior Panels-Carpet, Headliner Seat Cover's Kit Avaiable? THanks Very Much

Comment

Who is the most Reasonable Person to go to to buy a Complete Interior Upholsteriy Kit To buy- Carpet-Door Panels-Headliner- Etc - A KIt that some one makes that comes in a complete Kit -Vinly( NO LEATHER)

Comment

Hey Roy! Welcome to the forum. While I'm sitting here, by the fire, watching the sleet accumulate like snow, and being harassed by the poodle 'cause I got tired of playing...I almost missed this thread topic. But, the fact that you posted a picture (we love pictures here), caught my attention. When I clicked on the picture of the car, something "clicked" as being familiar. I thought, "I've seen that car somewhere." Then, I realized, you're the guy with the ad on the Asheville craigslist looking for Studebaker parts!

I don't know if we've crossed paths, but we couldn't be all that far from each other. When things begin to thaw, perhaps we can get together, have coffee, trade stories, and, hopefully, get you pointed toward the resources to get your car where you want it.

In the past, the "Tri-State" meet (now held in Maggie Valley), has drawn visitors from the west coast, north-east, and points in between. The realities of our economy for the past decade, the passing of some very dear members, and factors that I'm sure "others" can identify, has resulted in the attendance being a bit more regional. However, those hard working individuals that do the leg work, scrounge for door prizes, plead for volunteers, organize activities, etc., are still as hard working and dedicated as ever. If enough folks needing chrome work would call Jerry, perhaps he would attend. For him, it wouldn't be an unreasonable trip. For others, it could be quite a trip, if only coming to vend parts and solicit business. For all...a great time, if you'd love to fellowship and spend time with "like-minded" folks of a common interest.
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Dick Lindsey did my rear bumper and his work was great and so was his price. 56 Champion. Gave him the bumper at SB swap meet and picked it up at his house a few weeks later. This was a bumper used for only one year so no-one keeps one done up. I brought Dick an extra bumper as well as front one and he had them available at the next meet.
                          Nick

Comment

How much did the bumper set you back?
                            "In the heart of Arkansas."
                            Searcy, Arkansas
                            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                              How much did the bumper set you back?
                              If memory serves me right it was about $227. not bad for a 3 piece bumper. Before he gave me credit of $20.00 each for the cores I gave him. So about $179 if I remember right.
                              Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X