Coincidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coincidence?

Be aware: you may find this a very strange posting, but as we are Studebaker fanatics that should not be a problem. Here it goes: Many years ago (at 75 everything's many years ago) I was in showbiz. In researching that history I discovered that there was a mention of a TV appearance I made in a newspaper from Hazleton, PA. This is where my Sky Hawk was originally shipped, to a dealer there named Eidam Bros. Coincidence? I think not!
    peter lee

Peter, I am very familiar with Eidam Bros in Hazleton, Pa. My uncle, Leon Maue was the Parts man and a salesman there until they ceased to be in business. He may well have driven your car!! Small world. Gordon

Comment

Thanks for your response. I've been trying to get a picture of the place but all I've seen is the building as it looks now. I'd love to have one for my archives. I understand that Hazleton is in coal country, and I just can't imagine some impossibly grimy coal miner sitting in the flashy green, white and chrome-trimmed interior of my car. Sometimes I imagine it was some coal company executive's son or daughter's car used to drive to college. I plan on going to the International show in Warwick, RI in 2016. Perhaps I'll see you there?
      peter lee

Comment

I think that is a noteworthy coincidence. Very cool.

Comment

plee, Think about coming to York in March, it's closer and sooner. see details here www.sdckeystoneregion.com Gordon

Comment

Working...
          X