57 Provencial Station Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 Provencial Station Wagon

A friend and I settled on $300 for his 57 Wagon.....less engine and trans. I could get it no other way. Moreover, years ago the rear axle was removed and put into a 'better' Stude. Otherwise she's complete. I put a freshly rebuilt and modified Bronco 9 inch axle [which are within 1 inch of org. Stude axle width] under it and got it home. Have tried to find out some facts about the car [production numbers and etc] but have been unsuccessful. Where can I go on the web to get such info?Click image for larger version

Name:	z226 001 007 044.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	1745129

Very nice wagon. Glad you could get it instead of the crusher.

Comment

Great, Lonny; congratulations on the score. That looks like a helluva deal for the money, and there are plenty of 259 V8s and transmissions around to again power it with an original-type engine.

There is nowhere on the internet you can go to get much production information on the car, but I can tell you the original list price for a 1957 Provincial was $2,561 and unless you include the 3,400 1957 Scotsman wagons, it outsold all the other 1957 Studebaker station wagons combined, at 3,995 units.

Throw in the Scotsmans and the Provincial was still the most popular of all 1957 Studebaker station wagons, but no longer exceeded the total of all the other wagons in the line.

Again, congrats on the score; it looks good! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Also, contact the Studebaker National Museum with your wagon's serial number and order a production order.
        That will help with some more pieces of the puzzle.
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

That is a very nice looking Provincial Wagon Lonny. Welcome to Studebakermania!

I sent you a PM that can be excessed from the "Private Messages" clickdown link or by clicking on your Forum "Handle".
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Sweet ride!!!

One of these days I'll restart my '56-'58 Sedan/Wagon Registry.
            When I do- I'll want to add your car to the list...

StudeDave '57
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment