Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Golden Hawk inside rearview mirror stem length

Hello together,

I have a question regarding the inside rear view mirror in my 57 Golden Hawk. I am not quite sure if the mirror and/or the mirror stem is the correct one for my car. I have the feeling that some other 57 Golden Hawks have a longer stem. Does anybody have a measurement of the mirror stem (57 GH) so that I can compare it? Every time I put the sunvisors down - they hit the mirror..

Thank you - have a great weekend.

Rudy

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09168.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1745122Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09166.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1745121
    sigpic

Rudolf, my PH mirror length stem is 9cm, I presume they are the same mirror for 57/58.
    I have found you have to have the mirror stem's angle running parallel with the windscreen otherwise the sunvisors do touch if the mirror is angled back towards the driver.
    Nice GH by the way, I like the colour!
    Brian Greenall
    Melbourne, OZ
    sigpic

Comment

Hello Brian

Thank you for your help. I will measure the stem and try your advice. You have a wonderful Packard Hawk there.

By the way the color of my car is called coppertone metallic with arctic white fins.

Regards

Rudy
      sigpic

Comment

Hello

The problem is the stem, it is only 7cm (2.75 inches long) on the mirror in my 57 Golden Hawk.

Can I get the correct stem from a Studebaker Vendor or otherwise does anybody have an original, nice condition 57 Golden Hawk interior rear view mirror?

Thank you

Rudy
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X