Thanks, and on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, and on the road

I like to thank you all for the info. I get here. It sure is a help. I drove my 60 Lark last week for the first time, and thru weekend. I put on about 400 miles. The car sat for 10/12 years. The motor wasn't froze, but it had a bad crank. I did find a 62 engine with low miles, but it was froze bad. I was able to use the crank on my flathead, and it does great. 60 lbs oil cold, driving 40 warm driving. 20 at idle. I am hoping to post pics later. It is rusty, but I like it, and have new (used) fenders for it. I replaced the floors, trunk was good. Gas tank is beyond any repair, so I have the "trunk" model. I will drive it a bit more, but here in Ohio I am thinking salt pretty quick. I will start fixing a bit at a time this winter. I am hoping to hit a meet or two next year. looking to meet some of you then.

Nuthin' better than achieving a goal!
    (As ol' Dave would say)... "Good on ya!"
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

'Way cool, Bill.

Thanks for the report. 'Good to hear it is back on the road. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bravo! Sounds like you are getting it dialed in. Have you joined the International SDC yet? If not you should do so and then join your nearest local chapter. Great folks wherever you go.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Great! Love to hear of another one on the road!
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
            Nuthin' better than achieving a goal!
            (As ol' Dave would say)... "Good on ya!"
            Yep, that's what I'd say!
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Nice to see 10+ years didn't render it to the scrap heap. Congratulations and good luck in your further endeavours with her.
              Bill

Comment

Stuff like this sure makes me happy!
                Get it going, out on the road good enough... breathe...!
                Then back to reality & fix the rest in time, & guess what? ("what?") ...it comes new time all the time!!!
                I'm doing the same; my Josephine looks awful in many peoples opinion but give me some more time... or don't, it'll come anyway!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2026.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1692834

Comment

Wow, that giant thing behind the '55 Regal Alta Vista Sedan looks like one REALLY BIG rolling Solar Panel!
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have a gas tank I removed from a '60 Lark before I understood that the leak was the gasket between the sensor and the tank. I'm within a couple of hours of Galion. Price negotiable.

Comment

Sent you a pm Tom. Would you also have a rear window? Thanks Bill

Comment

Next summers Zone meet is in Chillicothe I believe. Hope to meet you there.

Bob
                        Bob
                        Welland Ontario
                        60 Lark Convertible
                        64 Daytona
                        sigpic
                        "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Well Studerich, it's called alu-plates on a trailer's side...

Comment

Working...
                          X