WCFB Choke Connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: WCFB Choke Connections

Does anyone have a photo of the choke connections on a WCFB?
    I am replacing the 2 bbl on my 259 in the Champ with a rebuilt 4 bbl WCFB. The connection from the intake manifold to the carb for the choke is slightly different and I just cannot remember what the WCFB setup looks like. I have posted photos showing the current 2 bbl connection and a photo of the 4 bbl manifold for reference. If anyone can supply a good photo and/or description of how this connection should look I would appreciate it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2149.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1745084Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2148.jpg
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	1745085 Current 2 bbl configuration.

Name:	DSCN2151.jpg
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	1745086 Connection point on the 4 bbl manifold

The carb has a threaded connection on the choke housing. The other hose is a push on at the top of the carb.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

There needs to be a pipe that has a large collar that slides into the intake "pipe"(on the exhaust crossover) you show in picture #3. The large collar seals it off in that it directs the heat to the pipe that bends toward the rear of the engine, then bends forward to the connection on the back of the choke housing. I just picked up the remains of one today on an engine I bought. Wish I had the savvy to post a picture of it
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

The correct pipe is available at SI yours is broken there is also a smaller pipe attached to the heat tube that attaches to the vacuum inlet on the choke housing. I am engaged is the same project. Dave

Comment

This may help if you can enlarge it about 2 or 3 times.
        Sorry, I could not find any right side views that show the Choke tube better.

Name:	Green_White Classic8.JPG
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1692991 The darker colored rusty Pipe that looks like it goes into the Thermostatic Choke adjustment Cover is the one, it goes behind that.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hope this helps!

Comment

You can clearly see the difference between Bruce's better '62ish Intake Manifold Picture and the '55 to '57? early type like yours that I tried to show, similar but not the same.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by BRUCESTUDE View Post
              Hope this helps!
              I see this motor has not been fired up, or if it has it has not been ran long enough to peel the paint on the exhaust port of the intake. I wonder how long the rubber hose will maintain its seal on the choke hot air tube nipple, or if it will burn through where the hot air tube is touching it first.

Comment

Ed,
                I tore down a 1960 259 with a 4bbl. I believe this is what you are looking for.

Name:	IMG_4805.jpg
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1693054
                1936 Dictator
                1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
                1953 Commander Regal HT
                1953 2R5 Pickup
                1947 M16 Truck
                1960 Lark VIII Convertible
                1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
                1962 Champ 7E5 no box
                1962 GT Hawk
                1963 Lark VI 4 dr
                1963 GT Hawk R2
                1964 Daytona Convertible
                1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

Originally posted by studeski View Post
                  Ed,
                  I tore down a 1960 259 with a 4bbl. I believe this is what you are looking for.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39628[/ATTACH]
                  Claude,
                  Yes, I found this piece in the box and gave it to my mechanic who did the install. He did a great job of connecting these two lines up per the photo from BRUCESTUDE except he ran copper from the tube that connects to the top of the carb and added a rubber hose near the top to finish the connection.
                  All of the information you guys supplied was most helpful. The WCFB is now on the truck and it is running very well. I am very please with the improvement in performance but have not yet driven it enough to determine if my gas mileage has improved as well.
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                  X