Another one bites the dust and parts go to save another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one bites the dust and parts go to save another

This past week my grandson Clayton started to remover parts from a 61 6 cyl 3 speed 4 door, engine is junk with a rod through the side of the oil pan and some rust out in the driver side doors . Since I have a 61 V-8 auto convert that has a rusted out truck, trunk lid, both front fenders and front grille section along with a very bad hood this 61 4 door is going to make a very nice donner car with all the pieces mentioned useable for the convert. this car is for sale and once the pieces are put on to make a better car the price will go up to cover labor and parts, so once again some cars are worth more for parts than as a complete car. The head has already gone on to help a better engine, take a look. BTW the convert has factory air.

from this to something better.

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

I like what you are doing, that will make for a nice convertible. Some of the remaining body parts from the 4-door would make for a good donor for a Champ pickup in need of good metal.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I am very happy to see a Grandson and Grandfather working together! Remember that 61 side trim is 1 year only, the little short piece between the doors on the four doors is hard to get. I hav e a 59 lark hardtop V-8 3speed overdrive car with a 59 2dr sedan donor car project going on right now.
      StudeRick & Johna
      Sacramento CA

1964 GT Hawk, 1963 GT Hawk, 1962 GT Hawk
      1957 Silver Hawk
      1963 Avanti
      1961 Lark Wagon
      1963 Lark Daytona

Comment

Wow, it looks like the convertible had air conditioning! And it looks like it was the popular '61 Flamingo color. What a combination! What color was the interior? Nice one!

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
          Wow, it looks like the convertible had air conditioning! And it looks like it was the popular '61 Flamingo color. What a combination! What color was the interior? Nice one!

Black. on black not sure what the top was since there is none.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Bob
            That's a good way to look at things. A rare '61 goes to aid in the rebuilding a another '61 and a conv. to boot. Also great to see your grandson learning from the master. I hope to be able to do such things with my kids and grandchildren so they too can continue to keep the fleet going into the future.
            Rob in PA.

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
              Black. on black not sure what the top was since there is none.
              Nice! Maybe had a white top being from Out West.

Comment

It looks like the sedan was a Deluxe with optional dual headlights or was it a Regal and someone already removed the nice C-pillar emblems?
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  It looks like the sedan was a Deluxe with optional dual headlights or was it a Regal and someone already removed the nice C-pillar emblems?
                  The body tag reads 61S-W4; 6829

Craig
                  Last edited by 8E45E; 11-09-2014, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                    The body tag reads 61S-W4; 6829

Craig
                    Thanks! I couldn't read that on my little screen (I didn't even notice the tag.).
                    For those that do not know, that makes it a Deluxe sedan with the dual headlight option.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Today more work was done on removing parts, engine, trans, brakes, sway bar, seat, windshield, tomorrow the engine goes to China and still not sure about the T-90 trans not much call for it so why keep it in the way.

Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Working...
                      X