Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1935 Dictator headlight lensHow is the headlight lens secured to the head light body? I do not see a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1935 Dictator headlight lensHow is the headlight lens secured to the head light body? I do not see a

How is the headlight lens secured to the head light body? I do not see any trim/bezel. I am not sure which headlight assembly is on the car. I think it supposed to have the Model A-B-C, but it only has three wires coming out which indicates Model A1 to 7A. It does have part (6) head lamp reflector guide part 258596. Ken, Deltaville Va
    Attached Files

Yeah, I had the same questions when I was doing my 35. Loosen the screw at the bottom, then push the lens in at the bottom and rotate it in. There are 3 springs pushing the reflector and lens to hold it in the bucket. There must have been quite a few broken back in the day. Do this over a rug or something to cushion the lens if you drop it. The reproduction Ford reflectors will fit if you need them redone.

Comment

The little spring clips inside the bucket push against the silvered reflector and glass lens.
      You place the reflector in position and then slide the headlight up and into the housing, and then slide it down into position.
      (Sort of like sliding a contact lens in under your eyelid)
      The glass will then be 'inside' the ring of the headlight bucket and the springs will 'push' the glass lens out against the headlight bucket...holding it in place.
      Make triple sure all your clips are straight and square, and that your springs are 'springs' and not a collapsed rusted coil of wire.
      One thing I did...Was to add a small film of black silicone sealant around the edge of the glass...
      Scraped the excess off with a sharpened hotel room key (credit card).
      This just helps the glass stay put.
      (I lost a lens once hitting a chuckhole, and I thought the rear end broke.
      Those lenses are thick, and when they break, they make a heck of a noise (and you would NOT want to drive over one)
      There are probably better suggestions, but this method worked well for me......so far
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
      X