Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a 1958 Ford?

Trying to date some 8mm home movies.

I grabbed this still from the dvd that was made from the film. I think this is a '58 Ford.

This comes from a 20min film that is spliced together clips shot by the husband of one of my Mom's maternal aunts back in the 50s-70s when they would visit his wife's (my grandmother) relatives in MN on summer vacations. The woman is one of my mom's cousins coming home from work. Pretty sure this is St Paul, MN. There is a later scene where this same car is at my grandparent's farm so I suspect its the uncle's car. My remembrance of the uncle is he tended to trade cars frequently and had a different one every time they visited my grandparents. He died in 1995 at age 84. In the early 80s he gave my dad this reel of MN relatives since he knew my dad had 8mm movie gear.

I am thinking the clip must be either 1958 or 1959. It seems to me all the clips are in chronological order and a later one has my Mom's grandma in it, who died in May of 1960.

Jeff in ND

Sure is! Appears to be a Custom 300 two door sedan.

Craig

Comment

Yes it as, as Craig said.

Ford identified that specific model as a Custom 300 Tudor.

According to Ford, the 1958 model was "Proved and Approved Around the World" before being introduced. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

This is also a 58 Ford, but you'd never see me owning one.
        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
          Better that than a '59 Impala!
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
            Better that than a '59 Impala!
            Surely you jest.
            Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
            jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
              Surely you jest.
              I'm not...and don't call me Shirley.

I like the greenhouse of this car...and the "fuselage" side treatment.
              I agree that the front is really weird...an atomic Edsel. But the Jet pods on the back are no more useless than the wings and fins on the various 59 GM offerings.
              But this was designed to be a "way out" show car...there is less excuse for the 59 Impala/full-size Chevy going into wide scale production.
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
                Looks like they went all out and still used the rpo wheel covers.

Comment

This thing always reminds me of some of the (shall we say) less than timeless Lowey autos.

Comment

We have seen it here before: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...t=concept+ugly

Craig

Comment

Working...
                    X