Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Among my souvenirs #1 Salt and Pepper shaker (You will always get a fair shake!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Among my souvenirs #1 Salt and Pepper shaker (You will always get a fair shake!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	016.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	1744964Click image for larger version

Name:	salt shaker1.jpg
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1744965 Click image for larger version

Name:	salt shaker2.jpg
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	1744966
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

They should have done it around 1955 as a Studebaker-Packard promotion

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
      They should have done it around 1955 as a Studebaker-Packard promotion
      Often thought the same thing.
      Richard Quinn

Comment

Great idea Richard. I look forward to seeing more and thanks for sharing your collection with the rest of us.

Comment

Dick, Have you ever thought about doing a display at a national meet??? I would expect your exhibit would draw a lot of traffic

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]38655[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]38656[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]38657[/ATTACH]
          Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
          1961 Hawk 4-speed
          1967 Avanti
          1961 Lark 2 door
          1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Look forward to seeing more of this
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Neat stuff. You remind me of a conversation, between my wife and I, years ago. We were driving down the road, when I saw something (don't remember what), that I admired and blurted out that I wanted one of those.

With a rather sarcastic tone, she responded, "You want EVERYTHING!"

My reply..."No...just ONE of everything."

By golly, Richard, when it comes to Studebaker collectibles...I think you've done it.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Interesting, Dick. That is the first time I've ever seen The Common Sense Car theme assigned to the 1964 model year.

You are undoubtedly correct in your assumption that they would have been offered after January 1, 1964...and I would surmise much later than that, close to the end of the model year. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  Interesting, Dick. That is the first time I've ever seen The Common Sense Car theme assigned to the 1964 model year.

You are undoubtedly correct in your assumption that they would have been offered after January 1, 1964...and I would surmise much later than that, close to the end of the model year. BP
                  I would concur. Until I found this item I thought '65 was the first year to use the "Common Sense" theme.
                  Richard Quinn

Comment

Hopefully, Stu Chapman will weigh in on this discussion as to exactly when The Common Sense Car theme was originally created and first used.

I remember him once saying it was all they thought they could come up with for 1965, since they had lost their glamour models of Avantis, Hawks, and even "Lark" convertibles and true 2-door hardtops. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                      I would concur. Until I found this item I thought '65 was the first year to use the "Common Sense" theme.
                      How about the 12 page brochure entitled: "Studebaker Is the Common-Sense Car"? It was put out by Studebaker in "South Bend", plus; "LITHO IN U.S.A.". It begins with: "Press Release, Dec. 9, 1963 ...Studebaker would depart from yearly styling changes to its cars. Two common-sense moves that changed a loss to a profit." There are other items, such as; "By staying with COMMON SENSE features...", "Our COMMON SENSE cars...", "That's why we call Studebaker the COMMON SENSE car." and six more times (Common Sense in upper case in the brochure). The brochure isn't dated. I believe that it came out around April 1964, still during 1964 production. I thought that this brochure came out late during the 1964 model year. Am I incorrect on that?
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

In Canada, the "Common Sense Car" theme was often replaced with "Canada's Own Car" in much of the advertising.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                          How about the 12 page brochure entitled: "Studebaker Is the Common-Sense Car"? It was put out by Studebaker in "South Bend", plus; "LITHO IN U.S.A.". It begins with: "Press Release, Dec. 9, 1963 ...Studebaker would depart from yearly styling changes to its cars. Two common-sense moves that changed a loss to a profit." There are other items, such as; "By staying with COMMON SENSE features...", "Our COMMON SENSE cars...", "That's why we call Studebaker the COMMON SENSE car." and six more times (Common Sense in upper case in the brochure). The brochure isn't dated. I believe that it came out around April 1964, still during 1964 production. I thought that this brochure came out late during the 1964 model year. Am I incorrect on that?
                          Yes, I believe you are.
                          Richard Quinn

Comment

Working...
                          X