Paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal

Anyone else get an e-mail from Paypal this AM alerting "Atypical account activity". The only recent activity on my account was the purchase of a battery for my camera, not something I do regularly but hardly an Atypical activity as it is in line with other purchases. I have forwarded the e-mail to spoof@paypal and checked my account. I did not use the link in the e-mail and see no odd/unknown activity. Should I be worried or just let life go on? Very real looking e-mail by the way. Steve
    sigpic

Don't CLICK on it and forget about it. JMO

Comment

A genuine Paypal email will address you by name, not a generic name such as "Paypal customer". Even then, it's best to forward the email to Paypal as you did and then delete it. Any contact with them should be by directly accessing it through your browser, not by clicking on an email link.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Thanks, Letter did not have an address other than my e-mail address (which was my address, not a "paypal customer" type thing). No direct address within the e-mail, just a form letter. Did not click any links. Changed my password etc... Steve
        sigpic

Comment

I was looking for something else the other day and found ten different entities claiming I had authorized them to withdraw from my paypal account. I deleted all but one.
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I got a phone call from PayPal today asking if a particular transaction was authorized. It was automated but they knew my phone number, name, and the amount of the transaction I had just placed not 15 minutes earlier. Since the amount was about $1200, it was a welcome surprise.

Comment

I got that one, Steve. When you get those, always open a new browser window and pull up your own paypal, ebay or whatever account. If it's bonafide you will get a correct message there. Never open directly from your email. Do forward it directly to spoof@paypal.com , they replied confirming it as phishing and appreciate the notification.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I get those phishing emails regularly, supposedly from PayPal, my bank, credit card, etc. NEVER click on a link. Open a new browser and go direct to the site.

Comment

Working...
                X