'63 R1 Cruiser - Sears warranty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 R1 Cruiser - Sears warranty?

Interesting R1 Cruiser on E-pay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-4...US_Cars_Trucks

Wonder if the warranty on these tires from Sears are still good???

Warranty; it never hurts to check... but probably has run out. I know my Wards Riverside Tires are no longer covered since there is no more Wards... darn it!

Comment

Then again, the tires might be so good they might not have had warranties...

Comment

I'm not sure, but the tire warranty is probably just as good as Studebaker's rust and corrosion warranty.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

The warranty is non-transferable.
          I, too, got caught with several Wards lifetime warrantees.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            I'm not sure, but the tire warranty is probably just as good as Studebaker's rust and corrosion warranty.
            They had one? Well, that explains a lot! BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Not related but i have friend who bought new 1965 corvette and he had a JC Penny life time battery installed when original failed he . They no longer carry batteries but do stand behind the lifetime replacement. As I told him bet there are not many people who keep cars that long

Comment

Reminds me of the old famous 30\30 guarantee, 30 feet or 30 seconds whichever comes first.

Comment

I know those Sears Dynaglass were some excellant tires. I put 3 sets on 3 cars in the 80s. Some of those tires are still here and still holding air!
                  Neil Thornton

Comment

Daddy had a 1963 Buick Riviera and had bought one of Sears' lifetime guarantee mufflers.. The transversal muffler on those Riviera's were notorious for rusting out prematurely and Sears replaced 5 or 6 of them before they quit with that program.. Daddy was a smart ole bird even though his son(me) was a Buick parts manager and could'a gotten one for my cost.. "hello boys"..

Comment

Working...
                    X