1950 Studebaker Dodge Pickup??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Studebaker Dodge Pickup??

Okay, I looked this eBay listing over and cannot figure out where the seller came up with this being a Studebaker Dodge pickup. Anyone here want to venture a guess?

Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

The bozo is just a keyword spammer in violation of ebay's unenforced policy. The truck has as much relevance to Studebaker as it does to survival preppers. It makes you wonder what else he would lie about.

Comment

I clicked on "see his other items" and found he does have a Studebaker for sale, a Lemon Lime '55 Speedster, the one we have been talking about with the Totally WRONG Interior.
      Based on all that text on both ads (BS?) I can't tell if he is legit or not.

So that could explain the "Studebaker" error on the Dodge Ad.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 10-15-2014, 11:51 AM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Aw C'mon, Barry! About a decade after this PU, Dodge would let Stude take over their retired bed design. THERE'S your "Studebaker" connection!
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Did you read his text at the bottom...? His kids were taken by Child Protective Services and he doesn't have time to devote to his auctions. Who would advertise that?
          Mike Lynch
          Sunnyslope, AZ

"Be kind and civil. Allow that you may be mistaken; allow that others will make mistakes, be gracious. If you're going to contribute, try to make it worthwhile."
          Alan Taylor

Comment

In Holland you sometimes see "Chevrolet Studebaker" for sale... maby it's because they've seen later Studebakers with 283's & Chevy 6's underr the hood.
            Maby?

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              I clicked on "see his other items" and found he does have a Studebaker for sale, a Lemon Lime '55 Speedster, the one we have been talking about with the Totally WRONG Interior.

So that could explain the "Studebaker" error on the Dodge Ad.
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

StudeRich, you are on to something. He lists the serial number for a '55 Speedster (6H-K7) in his ad under the grouping 'Specifications'. Don't know if he is responsible for the contents of the ad or perhaps another person (secretary or ??), who doesn't understand 'car talk', wrote the eBay ad.

Why do people spend good money on non-sensible ads?

Frank Drumheller
              Locust Grove, VA
              60S-W6
              M16-52 '48 Boyer-bodied fire truck

Comment

Makes you wonder.

Comment

How disappointing!!! Going by the title of the thread, I thought someone found another prototype Studebaker '1R' truck that was never produced! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...urke+prototype

Craig

Comment

Looks to have a Studebaker remote oil filter.

Comment

The driver's side wheels have left-hand threads, just like a Studebaker.

And boy, am I glad we know what truck he thinks the camper shell came off of...Sure makes me more likely to buy this truck.
                      KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

OK, I give up. Where does it say 'Studebaker'? I perused his ad and didn't read it line by line. Did I miss something? Or did he edit it after seeing you guys jumping all over him.
                        Jerry Forrester
                        Forrester's Chrome
                        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                          Or did he edit it after seeing you guys jumping all over him.
                          I would like to think someone tactfully informed him there is no Studebaker affiliation.

Craig

Comment

Yes, I just went back to the ad and he has dropped the Studebaker from the title, and elsewhere. You don't suppose he was monitoring this thread was he?
                            Ed Sallia
                            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Either that or ebay actually responded to complaints and forced him to correct his false listing. My heart does go out
                              to all of the thousands of parents who have had their kids wrongfully taken by the CPS thugs, & the months or even years of heartbreak, expense, and hassle they are forced to go through in order to get them back, and I wish the family well.
                              A young family here had their baby taken from them by CPS because the father allegedly used marijuana, and before they could get her back, the foster parents killed her.

Comment

Working...
                              X