Parts Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts Dilemma

My car is a roller. It was very incomplete, but solid. But certain things I don't have and some of these replacements require an exchange (example: water valve for the heater). What's a guy to do? Track down junk just to buy another part? What have others done? Is SI or Myers sympathetic to the partless?
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Tom - are you in Lakeland right now?

If so, are you planning on attending the Florida State Meet in Tampa the end of this month? Often there are parts vendors there, and perhaps they or someone else at the meet can help you out.

Phillip

Comment

Paul, I'm in MI. I do need to make a couple more trips down. What are the dates?
      Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
        Paul, I'm in MI. I do need to make a couple more trips down. What are the dates?
        Actually, it's Phil ...but you're close!

The meet is Oct 24 and 25. There's more info and a sign up sheet in this month's Turning Wheels.

I'll post the sheet here and start another thread to invite people

State Meet.pdf

Comment

Post a picture of one if I have an extra it's your for shipping.
          I'm sure there are others that would do the same.

Dean.

Comment

You should talk to me. I am fairly close, and I have a some complete donor cars.

Comment

I would like to find some parts for my 55 Commander, like drivers wing window, drivers side rear vent window, and passenger side roll-up window. Have some 62-63 GT parts I can trade if that works too.
              Thanks
              Jim

Comment

Jim,
                See the response in the forum thread you started.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Tom; the solution is MUCH easier than you think.
                  Instead of ordering the Original Heater Valve rebuilt, just order the universal New 3/4" to 3/4" Ball Valve Replacement, a longer lasting unit that is hidden under the dash anyway.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    Tom; the solution is MUCH easier than you think.
                    Instead of ordering the Original Heater Valve rebuilt, just order the universal New 3/4" to 3/4" Ball Valve Replacement, a longer lasting unit that is hidden under the dash anyway.
                    Yep, another Lowes/Home Depot item. I have had one on the 62 GT since the early 1990s, but it is used to supply water/coolant to the auxiliary heater
                    Last edited by JoeHall; 10-11-2014, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Rich and Joe....just noticing the time you post. Don't you guys ever sleep!? Hee Hee.

Comment

I assume you have more needs than just the valve being discussed here. I would suggest a parts car that is beyond salvage. My parts car is the best money I spent.
                        Wayne
                        "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E. Davis View Post
                          Rich and Joe....just noticing the time you post. Don't you guys ever sleep!? Hee Hee.
                          Sleep is over rated. I am trying to get it down to only an hour or so per night. Actually, I work all week, and just try to pack all I can into the weekend.
                          I recall quite sometime ago, someone here noticed one particular poster was posting during work hours, and speculated he must be goofing off at work. I think that was just some sort of feud going on between those two. I post sometimes at work too, but work for myself. Even so, I am usually in a hurry at work, and those posts often look goofy when I re-read them later on.

Actually today was a long day that, long story short, involved about 275 miles' driving the 62 GT. I count any day of driving a Stude as a great day

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
                            My car is a roller. It was very incomplete, but solid. But certain things I don't have and some of these replacements require an exchange (example: water valve for the heater).
                            I thought you were deleting the heater. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=climatizer

Craig

Comment

That would be a major mistake because at the very least you cannot do without a Fresh Air Intake Defroster that actually works especially in Mich. Winters!
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X