Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 Avanti interior light switch(button)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Avanti interior light switch(button)

The driver's side door button switch does not work on my 89 Avanti and I've been patiently waiting for 5-6 weeks through my mechanic to "shake the trees" and find another switch. Now I'm on to plan B because plan A doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. Does anyone know of a source for the button type switch that is chrome with an oval mounting plate to the door frame A pillar? It has 2 wires coming off the button's back side going into a clip that snaps on to the wires inside the door pillar.
    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Wouldn't the readily available one wire Studebaker Dome Light Switches work with a ground wire added?

Or Studebaker Vendor; 1351043 for '63 to '87 Avanti???
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
      The driver's side door button switch does not work on my 89 Avanti and I've been patiently waiting for 5-6 weeks through my mechanic to "shake the trees" and find another switch. Now I'm on to plan B because plan A doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. Does anyone know of a source for the button type switch that is chrome with an oval mounting plate to the door frame A pillar? It has 2 wires coming off the button's back side going into a clip that snaps on to the wires inside the door pillar.
      Don't know for sure if this is the same size but might work with a few home made pigtails to the connector.

Comment

Thanks, I'll check out both options.
        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Try this
          HiI have parts for the 87 88 89 avanti'sI haveshifter console rubber boot piece NOSConvert Top latches If interested email me

pb

Comment

Working...
          X