59 LARK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 LARK

Its comming soon. Looking for 59 or 60 2dr sedan lark for my wife for christmas. Any leeds helpful. THANKS!
    Bill[]

That's gonna be a tough one Bill! Since most of the 2dr's (all '59's) were 6 Cyl. they died an early death, and are either cut up by now or rusting away in someone's "back forty"!

Which relates to, a long project hard to finish in time.

Then there's the fact that they were usually manual shift, and always very plain Deluxe interiors and exteriors, which may not suit your wife!

You might find it easier to find a nice Regal 2dr. Hardtop with a better chance of it being a very "driveable" Lark VIII Automatic!

When you get your November TW, it's got a '61 lark VIII Hardtop for sale reasonable in Calif.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That's gonna be a tough one Bill! Since most of the 2dr's (all '59's) were 6 Cyl. they died an early death, and are either cut up by now or rusting away in someone's "back forty"!

Which relates to, a long project hard to finish in time.

Then there's the fact that they were usually manual shift, and always very plain Deluxe interiors and exteriors, which may not suit your wife!

You might find it easier to find a nice Regal 2dr. Hardtop with a better chance of it being a very "driveable" Lark VIII Automatic!

When you get your November TW, it's got a '61 lark VIII Hardtop for sale reasonable in Calif.

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well between me and Bams50 (Robert) we have two of the desired Larks but they are not for sale. Just have hope and keep looking, Studebaker made over 30,000 2 dr sedan Larks in 59! Good luck!

Randy_G
        1959 Lark Sedan
        This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Well between me and Bams50 (Robert) we have two of the desired Larks but they are not for sale. Just have hope and keep looking, Studebaker made over 30,000 2 dr sedan Larks in 59! Good luck!

Randy_G
          1959 Lark Sedan
          This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Heck, yeah! There's more out there- just keep an eye on Craig's list and, of course, the great eBay!!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Heck, yeah! There's more out there- just keep an eye on Craig's list and, of course, the great eBay!!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

She thinks the 59-60 2dr lark is so cute. Don't like the hard top for some reason. Never never second guess a women. I have been married to her 30yrs so not taking any chances now. Give her what she wants today and live well tomorrow.

Comment

She thinks the 59-60 2dr lark is so cute. Don't like the hard top for some reason. Never never second guess a women. I have been married to her 30yrs so not taking any chances now. Give her what she wants today and live well tomorrow.

Comment

Back in '59 or '60 (can't remember which), I drove a V-8 two-door Lark at a dealer. It was a straight three-speed stick with a four barrel, but single exhaust .

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
                    '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                    '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                    Museum R-4 engine
                    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Back in '59 or '60 (can't remember which), I drove a V-8 two-door Lark at a dealer. It was a straight three-speed stick with a four barrel, but single exhaust .

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
                      '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                      '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                      Museum R-4 engine
                      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 53k

Back in '59 or '60 (can't remember which), I drove a V-8 two-door Lark at a dealer.
                        Must have been '60. In '59 2 door sedans were only offered with the 6. In '60 you could get a V8.

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 53k

Back in '59 or '60 (can't remember which), I drove a V-8 two-door Lark at a dealer.
                          Must have been '60. In '59 2 door sedans were only offered with the 6. In '60 you could get a V8.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

I know you are looking for a two door but just thought I'd post these.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                            1957 Silverhawk
                            1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                            Gus 1958 Transtar
                            1955 President State
                            Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
                            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                            Gus 1958 Transtar
                            The Prez 1955 President State
                            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                            Fresno,Ca

Comment

I know you are looking for a two door but just thought I'd post these.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                              1957 Silverhawk
                              1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                              Gus 1958 Transtar
                              1955 President State
                              Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
                              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                              Gus 1958 Transtar
                              The Prez 1955 President State
                              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                              Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe