Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building A Wagon

Hey Gang,
    Started working on a 1964 Wagon for me an the wife and I need a few things wanted to see if anyone in the New England area (or perhaps someone going to reedsville) might have some stuff kicking around the garage that they wanted to unload?

I need:
    Drivers side front door
    Window regulators for both rear doors and passenger front
    Drivers side front floor pan
    Back up light lenses

I'll be posting pics soon of the project and I'm also gonna post some pics on the progress of putting the Daytona back together since the accident

Send me a PM if you got anything I might need

Thanks

Cool beans, Ryan; 'good to see you back in the air.

How is the 1964 Daytona coming along? Are you fixing the front end damage? Bob
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Here are some of the pics, I've already started taking alot of it apart. Please ignore the Chevy radiator that is currently in place this was done by the previous owner (and was pretty crappy job at that) I'm looking for a few more items.. Hood Hinges, Hood, Hood Torsion Bars, Front and Rear Bumper brackets, and a front bumper.

I'll be posting updated photos on the hardtop daytona in another thread, thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Ryan- I've used several of these. They work pretty well:http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEFT-SIDE-FR...72395d&vxp=mtr
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I sent you a private message.

Comment

Hi Ryan,
            I have a set of used reverse lamp lenses in my garage someplace if you get desperate. Their not perfect but, useable.
            Let me know if you're interested.
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I like this Pic, it shows a very nice 50 footer, that with just a little repair to that troublesome Rear Quarter Panel will produce one fine '64 Daytona Wagonaire.

This problem could be cured by using longer and larger drain tubes for the "B" and "C" Pillar drain hoses, to reach through the floor and drain to the ground.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

61Lark, I sent a message back.

57Pack, That might work, they dont have to be pretty just functional. If you are going to reedsville maybe we can meet up or I can send you message when I get closer to needing them

Studerich, you read my mind (and echo a lot of other wagon owners) I'm 100% going to alter the drain to work properly.

Comment

Hi Ryan,
                  I'll start searching for the lenses. Not going to get to Reedsville, family commitments.
                  When you are ready, PM me your address, I'll mail them off to you.
                  Bill
                  sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                  Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                  "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Hi Ryan, I got the window regulators pulled. I sent you a PM about shipping.

Comment

Anyone heard from Ryan (beatnik64)? I've got his parts ready to go in the mail, but haven't been able to get in touch with him for the two weeks.

Comment

Anyone building a wagon might consider budgeting in several hundred dollars for Dynamat or other quality sound deadener material. The larger roof area seems to transmit and amplify road noise far more than sedans. That, plus having the rear wheel wells in the compartment and the road noise can be annoying.

A local Stude guy built a nice Lark wagon and sold it shortly thereafter. One road trip and the noise was the deal breaker for him.

jack vines
                        PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by beatnik64 View Post
                          Here are some of the pics, I've already started taking alot of it apart. Please ignore the Chevy radiator that is currently in place this was done by the previous owner (and was pretty crappy job at that) I'm looking for a few more items.. Hood Hinges, Hood, Hood Torsion Bars, Front and Rear Bumper brackets, and a front bumper.
                          I'll be posting updated photos on the hardtop daytona in another thread, thanks
                          We do have all of these items here, I wonder how many you could afford to ship. I would think you could do all but the Hood, those are WAY too heavy to affordably ship.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

We put on nearly 7K miles this year in the Wagonaire, and didn't notice a greater amount of noise.....however,
                            in the future could you please type a little louder.
                            Bill Foy
                            1000 Islands, Ontario
                            1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

As for the drains-When I did my '64 Daytona wagon I had the roof out completely to clean and lube the mechanisms. When I put things back together I used vinyl hoses to replace the rubber. I also extended the hoses through the rocker at the B pillar as well as the hoses through the rear 1/4 panel. I may have extended the life of the car several more years. Too bad Avanti II vehicles didn't catch on as the Skytops drained right into the hog troughs! Good luck with your project.
                              Rob in PA.

Comment

Working...
                              X