My newest upgrade to my champ pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My newest upgrade to my champ pickup

A few weeks ago my fiance and i were headed in my champ to the local blueberry festival. Now she really is not a fan on my Studebaker and she honestly does not like riding in it BUT she has been trying to get use to it because its something i really enjoy. Aside from it riding like a 52 year old truck she was getting bored on the long ride, i guess shes doesn't enjoy listening to the engine nearly as much as i do. So to please her i decided i will ad a radio. I had the same delema that most do, i would like a modern radio but i dont want to cut the dash or take away from the original look with an ugly under-dash mount. After alot of thought i went shopping on ebay and i came up with this idea to hide it but make it function for me and not take away my already small glove box. its just an old non studebaker tissue dispenser that i cut bent riveted and altered to make everything work. take a look at the pictures i hope this idea helps someone else who has the same morals of keeping a studebaker a studebaker.

Its not super loud with only one speaker but it seemed to please the Fiance on the way to the car show last sunday.

i still have some hanging wires in the pictures but you get the idea of the finished product.

Looks nice, got pics of the rest of the truck?
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Very clever indeed.
      I installed a Secret Audio system which is mounted to the bulkhead behind the seat. The speakers are mounted to the floor behind the seat. The control box is mounted on a swivel mount under the dash directly under the glove box.
      There are all sorts of new ways to add tunes without tearing up our trucks. Good job on your installation. I like it a lot.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Nice! I like you method much better than putting a modern system in an otherwise period looking dash.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Very clever and cleanly done. I notice you have a cigarette lighter, that also would allow your fiance to use an adapter to run an iPod or such, if she'd prefer.

Comment

That is a good idea... if the cigarette lighter worked lol. just one of many thing that need work on the truck.

Comment

Comment

Smart man...keep the ladies happy!
                Neil

1964 Daytona Convertible
                1964 Daytona Hardtop
                1962 Champ Truck
                1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by STUDEMAC View Post
                  That is a good idea... if the cigarette lighter worked lol. just one of many thing that need work on the truck.
                  Ah yes, appearances are important! I've got the same issue in my wagon.

Comment

Working...
                  X