48 hours from now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 hours from now

48 hours from now my wife and I will be on the road to Eldridge, Ia to meet up with the Big6 RiverBend Chapter for a small caravan of Studebakers heading for the UMVZ Meet in Menomonie, Wisc. The weather promises to be fabulous and we are driving north along the Mississippi River so the fall leaf changing should be excellent! Im also posting this in Zone Talk to see where it gets the most viewing.
    Tom
    sigpic

We are leaving at 4:30 in the morning. Hopefully to be there for dinner at 6:30 at Denney's at Menomonie.

Comment

Yes, the weather forecast looks great, I just checked. Mid 70s and sunny. Will be leaving about noon tomorrow to get there by supper time or so. Unfortunately, my route is all I-94 so nothing to see there. I will be scrambling to get loaded up in the morning, and still need to mow my yard tonight too. I am bringing some goodies for the swap meet, so need to get those parts labeled and packed.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Well, so far this weekend is not going well. I got a late start leaving the Fargo area and pulled off at Alexandria, MN for a quick bathroom break. When I can back to my truck it would not start. I think the fuel pump went out, can't hear it humming. A trucker assisted me for a while and I was about to unload the stude and drive into town to find a tow place. Then I remembered my sister's in-laws lived in the area. Havent seen then for a few years since they came to my Dads funeral. Any rate, I got ahold of them and since my brother in laws Dad is retired from a local chevy dealer I figured he would know who to call. So my truck and trailer got towed in and are at a shop and will get looked at in the morning. Hopefully I can make it to Menomenie tomorrow. Right now spending the night in the in-laws basement.

I sure how to get to the meet its in some doubt. I think all those stude parts I was taking to the swap meet overloaded the fuel pump, haha.....

Jeff in ND

Comment

Good luck to you Jeff.
          I hope to have my '64 convert on the road around 11 am tomorrow. By noon, I should be in Taylors Falls, MN for a hamburger and frosty rootbeer at the Frostop Drive-in. If all goes well, I should be in Menomonie by 3 pm, then I will have to find a motel room as I didn't reserve one ahead of time. Anyway, see you soon!
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
            Well, so far this weekend is not going well. I got a late start leaving the Fargo area and pulled off at Alexandria, MN for a quick bathroom break. When I can back to my truck it would not start. I think the fuel pump went out, can't hear it humming. A trucker assisted me for a while and I was about to unload the stude and drive into town to find a tow place. Then I remembered my sister's in-laws lived in the area. Havent seen then for a few years since they came to my Dads funeral. Any rate, I got ahold of them and since my brother in laws Dad is retired from a local chevy dealer I figured he would know who to call. So my truck and trailer got towed in and are at a shop and will get looked at in the morning. Hopefully I can make it to Menomenie tomorrow. Right now spending the night in the in-laws basement.

I sure how to get to the meet its in some doubt. I think all those stude parts I was taking to the swap meet overloaded the fuel pump, haha.....
            Sounds like you shoulda just drove the Stude

Comment

Managed to get on the road again about 3pm after a considerable wallet lightening.... It WAS the fuel pump. While stranded at the rest stop I and the trucker who stopped to help whacked the tank many times with a pc of lumber I had as that will sometimes unstick a failing pump. Didn't work. The shop guys told me they tried it this morning after the truck sat overnight and it did get it going. Had it replaced anyway. I think it did this once before about 3yrs ago when I was at the landfill unloading some construction debris. But that time when the tow truck got out there it started up after having set at least a hour. Although a 11yr old truck it only has 49k on it so a pump going out is a little suprising I think.

So, I pulled into Menomenie about 1/4 to 7 and managed to grab some supper at the fun night buffet just before they took it away.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Getting cleaned up for the banquet in a bit. A hot day for this time of year in these parts as it must have been over 80 and I got a bit cooked...

Didn't get much time to look at the cars today since I was minding the store. I did pretty well there I think and the load going home is lighter.

Got to chat with Milaca, Plain brown R2 & his dad, Bob Peterson, Claude, and some others. Saw Deaf Mute, Henry Votel, Edsel Tattooer, Ed Bauer, and other folks I know from the Northstar and Badger wheels chapters.

I think next years UMVZM is in Annandate, MN and lot closer for me (<200 miles).
                Last edited by Jeff_H; 09-28-2014, 03:38 AM. Reason: remembered more folks...

Jeff in ND

Comment

Working...
                X