Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Packard

Not mine just passing along.Sep 19 1955 Packard the 400 $
    Last edited by hausdok; 09-23-2014, 08:51 PM.

'No need to worry about completing that project; it looks like the car is already "finished!" BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Get out the bead blaster and you could end up with what appears to be a pretty decent start to a nice looking car.

Perfect for an LS/AT transplant. Bob

Comment

It's Blue .

Comment

Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
          It's Blue .
          Yeah...If it were mine...I would have to get a personalized tag..."PAPA SMURF"
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Looks like the protective wash they spray on whitewalls. Could be protecting the finish...and the chrome...
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

And the correct answer, "What does the Blue Man Group drive?"

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

I do not know how it can make a sound like a bird "cheep" when it doesn't have an engine <G>. I do not even consider it to be cheap.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Roof has had the Frankenstein treatment. cheers jimmijim
                  sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                    roof has had the frankenstein treatment. Cheers jimmijim
                    yea!! What the heck did he or who ever do to the roof? The back window on a 400 is big and wraps around almost to the rear side window. Is that some kind of black vinyl top that's on the roof?

Comment

Ummmm. That thing is almost us ugly as is the guy (owner?) squatting down beside it. Free would be twice what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by M15 Trucker View Post
                        yea!! What the heck did he or who ever do to the roof? The back window on a 400 is big and wraps around almost to the rear side window. Is that some kind of black vinyl top that's on the roof?
                        I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. I'm just not that keen on the originality of Packard cars. (Have a hard enough time with Studebakers) After giving it a second look...as the back window is now configured, I wonder if the idea was to close it in to give it a more cozy private feel. Sort of like some of the early 1950's Hudson rear windows. (Or my Studebaker Business Coupe)

Originally posted by jnormanh View Post
                        Ummmm. That thing is almost us ugly as is the guy (owner?) squatting down beside it. Free would be twice what it's worth.
                        I bet his mom would be hurt by that remark.
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Might be a stripped Carson top?
                          Wonder why it aint blue thou...

Comment

No such thing as a cheap Packard....Or Avanti!

Comment

Working...
                            X