Looking for a 1928 Erskine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 1928 Erskine?

One of our Hamilton Chapter members, Ralph Hart, is selling one of his two Erskines and I said I would put the details on the Forum for him so here goes.

* Ralph purchased it from elderly gentleman in Indiana in 2006 who owned it since the 1950s. He last licensed it in 1978 and kept it in a heated garage. It's been in heated storage since it came to Canada.

* Car is very solid, no rust, all exposed wood components in great shape. It runs and drives well. Steering is tight and shifts smoothly. No noise or smoke. Oil pressure good. 49,000 miles.

* Previous owner installed oil filter and electric fuel pump which didn't work so Ralph converted it back to vacuum and now works fine.

* Car was 100% original when Ralph purchased it except for paint. New carpet and kick panels replaced because originals were worn on driver's side.

* Interior is good except small area on back seat bottom which is worn. Headliner excellent. Has roll down blinds on rear quarter window and grab rail on front seat back.

* Roof replaced using original material by previous owner in the 1970s and is in great condition. Tires new in 1970s and have excellent tread. Spare tire not replaced and is in poor condition.

* Bright work generally good and front bumper and headlight bezels may have been replated. Rear bumpers straight, no dents, but have rust. Color is medium and dark green in good condition with black fenders that are less quality in some areas and a bit pebbly, but possibly could be brought up to standard with sanding and compound.

* Wood spoke wheels in good condition, no cracks or defects, but could use a coat of varnish.

* Car has never been registered in Ontario. Was driven onto car hauler when purchased and driven around Ralph's rural property several times in 2007 and 2008. Was stored with a bit of oil in the cylinders until this year and turned over on the crank every few months.

Ralph is asking $8,500 for this car. A Hamilton Chapter link with a 17 page attachment of pictures available by email. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward it to you along with Ralph Hart's phone number and email address.

Stu Chapman

Even tho I'm not able to buy it like everyone else I want pictures, pictures,... Pictures.

Please.

Dean.

Comment

Send us an email and I'll send you the ad
      rstudeatrogers.com
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
      X