Avanti showroom photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti showroom photo

I have the 8 X 10" photo from 1963 in my collection and wondered if anyone might perchance know the name of the dealership? Also of interest is the Avanti poster on the wall behind the car. I am thinking it is the poster that John Hull (avantict) ask about in his previous post here a week ago? I am including a close up. I do not believe I have this particular poster but I have a closet full of banners and posters that I have not inventoried in the past 20+years so who knows? In any event maybe someone has this poster or who knows the dealer shown in the image?

Click image for larger version

Name:	dealer showroom inside3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	1744745Click image for larger version

Name:	dealer showroom inside poster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1744746
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Notice in the photo of the car...some of the tire details seem to be in white.
    Early versions of raised white letters or just an over enthusiastic detailing job?

Anyone remember that from "back in the day"?
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Richard, no idea about the photo, but I do admire the vacation scene pictures the dealership displayed! Must be the summer of '62 - the Lark has the wrap-around front windshield still.
      Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
      \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

Go here to see a nice one for sale by dealer $12,900

Randy Wilkin
        1946 M5 Streetrod
        Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
          Notice in the photo of the car...some of the tire details seem to be in white.
          Early versions of raised white letters or just an over enthusiastic detailing job?

Anyone remember that from "back in the day"?
          I remember "pens" used to highlight the lettering on tires. This was usually done for showroom cars.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by rodnutrandy View Post
            Go here to see a nice one for sale by dealer $12,900

http://www.autorv.com/browse.aspx?AdName=7-313156
            What does this have to do with a 1963 Avanti photo or showroom poster?
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              What does this have to do with a 1963 Avanti photo or showroom poster?
              I agree and not even a Studebaker Avanti at that.
              Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
              Fort Worth, TX

Comment

I hate to disagree, but anyone wanting to see the poster might like avantis, as far as it not being a Studebaker , that is up to dispute , Is a 65 66 not a Studebaker because of Gm motor ? If your not interested in one , don't look , but don't dare condemn me for hoping to help someone find a Avanti , If that is your train of thought, then you can forget me every showing anyone here where a Studebaker is for sale and you can hunt your own , I hate the high and mighty that think they are the only ones who count !
                Randy Wilkin
                1946 M5 Streetrod
                Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

If we're doing free ads....If someone want's a very nice Avanti...PM me.
                  63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I hate to disagree, but anyone wanting to see the poster might like avantis, as far as it not being a Studebaker , that is up to dispute , Is a 65 66 not a Studebaker because of Gm motor ? If your not interested in one , don't look , but don't dare condemn me for hoping to help someone find a Avanti , If that is your train of thought, then you can forget me every showing anyone here where a Studebaker is for sale and you can hunt your own , I hate the high and mighty that think they are the only ones who count !
                    Thank you for posting the ad...it's always interesting to see another Avanti!

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      I remember "pens" used to highlight the lettering on tires. This was usually done for showroom cars.
                      I used a gold paint pen to highlight the small raised lettering on my Firestone 500s back in '64. I think I probably got the idea from seeing cars in the showroom with similar treatment.
                      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

For the record I ment nothing personal, sorry if it came out that way. Mike
                        Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                        Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Mike , no bad feelings here , Thanks for comment !
                          Randy Wilkin
                          1946 M5 Streetrod
                          Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

I strongly suggest that this probably is the Avanti introduction at that Dealer, probably in June 1962, I see a '62 Lark behind it there and the giant bouquets of flowers there for the intro.
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by 2R2 View Post
                              Richard, no idea about the photo, but I do admire the vacation scene pictures the dealership displayed! Must be the summer of '62 - the Lark has the wrap-around front windshield still.
                              Doesn't that Lark to the left appear to be a Skytop?

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X