Emblem for top of grille frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emblem for top of grille frame

One can barely see where there used to be an emblem on the top of the grille frame of my 62 GT. It was rechromed before I got it and it is a great job, its just that the emblem can barely be seen as it was apparently worn or sanded off prior to the rechroming. My question is, " Is there an emblem that matches what was there that could be attached there?
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

There are very few plating shops that can rechrome '62 &'63 GT grill shells without ruining the hawk detail. Most places end up smearing it or at best messing up the matte finish on the recessed part. If you could figure out a way to make an insert that looked right, you could probably sell a lot of them....

Comment

Studebaker (Silver?) Soldered up the recess and Chromed the Shell to get rid of it, for the first '64's or on some leftover '63 Shells to cover shortages in the 1964 Model Run and for replacement Grille Shells.

There is no other way to save a Shell like yours with a ruined Hawk Bird.

Most of the Circle is covered by the '64 standup "S" Hood Ornament.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have seen people use the round fin emblem from a 59-61 Hawk to cover the damaged recess on the GT. Not original , but it looks nice,and is an easy fix.
        Neil Thornton

Comment

Somebody used the wrong plater!

Comment

Working...
          X